keyless entry

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Swanger

Reaction score
I have purchased a 2001 sport trac and i could not get the keyless entry code number to get in to the truck, does any one know how to reset the numbers so i can use it?

Look in the projects section on the left, there is instructions on how to find the code. Its on a tag on a module in your dash, behind the glovebox I think.

Three methods:

1.) Have the dealer hook it up to their computer ......... wasted $$$$

2.) As described in the link below. Free

Tim,,, I was "TOLD" by another locksmith that gen 2 codes are on a module tucked under the dash by the steering coulumn.. WAY UNDER THE DASH.. Haven't looked, but that's what I've been told. You know how locksmiths are,, they will lie to you in a minute...

:smile0009:

On my 01 it was visible on a sticker under the hood, on a box mounted on the firewall on the passenger side. I beleive this was changed on later models. Rod

Just to confirm.....i have a '01 ST so where is my code? In the dash or behind a seat? I took all the storage out from behind then rear seats to put subs in so i hope its not printed on those

you need to know if is a job 1 or job 2... Job 1's are 2000 up to June 2001, job 2's are June 2001 and up. Look at your door tag for the mfg date, then you will know more..

Latest posts