Keyless entry

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
So, my ST doesn't have keyless entry. I was wondering, did any XLS STs some with keyless entry or do I really have it and I just happen to have no keyfobs? I noticed I really can't pick that option when I try to value my ST so I'm curious if maybe the dealer just didn't know or lied about it. Thanks

You have a key fob right,,,, then buy a stick on key pad from our sponsors,, Wall's L&M. 80 bucks and it works like a champ. Put one on my work van just the other day. It's the best thing since sliced bread!:D I wish I could read,,, he said no fobs. Well here is still the best thing around.:angry:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Larue, that is a great idea for putting it on the rear door. When I had my conversion van, I often wished I could unlock the rear door without walking up to the front to hit the switch or grab the keys.

Yea, it's great. When I jump out the van and go to grab a lockout tool, only the drivers door is open. Punch the numbers and get right in. It's awesome! I have a spare and if it gets to be too much hasles, I'll put one on the passenger door too......;) Shoot, put one on all 4 sides:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You have a key fob right,,,,
No, I don't have a fob, no keyless entry at all. Hence my question about if I really don't have keyless or if the previous owner kept the fob when he traded it in.

I answered the question all ready. If you do not have a keypad on the door the vehicle is not equipped with keyless entry.

Yes you did, but LaRue's answer seemed to contradict yours so I wanted clarification.

Just to muddy already clouded waters, from what I have read, "keyless" entry is the keypad mounted on the door (or elsewhere) and the fob is remote entry. (Is a keypad really keyless???)

Ok then, do all the STs have remote entry or just the ones with the keypad?

I thought this would be simple, basically I want to know if I need to pay for a full remote entry system or if I just need to buy and program a fob.

Hey Evan,,, cut me a break dude... I don't know how to read... :eek:

What I needed to program my "keypad" was 2 key fobs. Duh! But what do I know?:unsure:

Latest posts