Kicker L7 Box

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich S03

Reaction score
Hey I am about to build a subwoofer box for my '03. I have a Kicker L7 8 inch that I will be using. I was wondering if anyone has made one recently and still has the measurements for the box for under the rear passenger side seat. I think I know about what it all needs to be but I could use some exact measurements people have used to make it a little easier. Thanks

Check out the link below. They make boxes that are made for your vehicle, carpet color to match and pre-wired. Might be worth it, Thier costs are pretty low and it saves a lot of time. Bob

I have looked around online at the boxes, that is how I have gotten most of my measurements. Their costs are pretty high for most if you want quality because shipping will cost $30 or more and the boxes are around $90. I already have the materials just not the wood which is not much for a smaller box. The other problem is I am not sure how well they build all of their boxes and I was planning on making mine more custom to my truck, with a Sport Trac logo and a Kicker decal on top.

I've actually got two 15" subs in my ST, but they just sit in the back seat and take up two seats. Not great for road trips. lol

I'm actually in the process of creating a box made out of fiberglass/mdf that will take up the middle seat, and have one pointing out, and one pointing up. :banana:

Yea I am right outside of Philly, so definitely not near Alabama. However I am not looking for anything really but the measurements. I already have my Kicker L7 8 inch sitting next to me, along with the ZX 400.1 Kicker amp and the Kicker amp wiring kit is in the mail. I already know I am set on making a box for under the seat because it truly is the K.I.S.S method for adding some bass to a Sport Trac. "Keep it simple stupid." I know people say that it is not a great place for a subwoofer and it sounds getter behind the seat but it is much easier and straight forward to install it right below the seat so if need be I can pull it right out.

I would love to see pictures of your box that your making for the middle seat. I was thinking about building a box to go on the floor right below the middle seat and then putting bars or something to block people from hitting or touching the subwoofer.