Kicker L8

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich S03

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have an 8 inch Kicker L7 installed in a small sealed box. I am currently running a Kicker 400.1 which produces around 486 rms. I was thinking about switching to the Kicker 500.1 which will produce around 630 rms. It is on sale so the reduced price is pretty tempting. I was wondering if anyone has an L7 and is putting over 500 rms to it and how it handles the added power. I was also told that I would not notice a difference by some other people because it would take an increase of double my current amp set up to notice a difference. I am still confused by this because that would mean there is no difference between having subs producing 400 rms and 600 rms and I have personally heard the difference in that. Any help would be great.

I have a couple friends that run these subs and they need as much power ran through them as you can get. They really sound awesome with tons of power running to them. I've never known anyone to blow these speakers.