leaf springs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Wasch

Reaction score
My stock leaf springs have flattened out alot since i got my st. Since they're so bad i figured i'd just replace them with ones capable of holding more weight and possibly adding a little lift, as the back was saggy when i got the truck. Is there a particular brand i should look for and what load capacity should i get.

Its a 2001 4x4 used, but i knew the owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Site.

Haven't heard of anyone here complain about their leaf springs. Please give us more info. about your ST; like year/ how long owned/ new or used.

My personal recommendation would be to go with either Monroe Reflex or Rancho RSX all around; or the afore mentioned on the front with KYB Monomax on the rear. Another way to go would be to put the Monroe Reflex or Rancho RSX all around with Roadmaster Active Suspension or a full or partial add-a-leaf on the rear leaf springs.

I also recommend changing out the front end links the ones from AutoZone.

Planning on getting the reflexes, but i do some heavy hauling and towing. So i think it would be better to have stronger ones to begin with instead of "beefing up" the stock ones with an add a leaf or RAS.

I have always found that heavy truck spring shops can bend you a set and install them....

I had this done on may race cars with leaf springs.... They even built me 4 leaf Left and 5 leaf Right setups to help prevent suspension collapse and other issues with leaf spring race cars..

Look in the yellow pages by you.... make some calls... you may be surprised..

Todd Z

Get the road master active suspension it will solve your problem and help when carrying a load or pulling a trailer. I installed on my 01 back in 02 and it was one of the best things i did for my trac. Cost then was $170 plus install which i did myself.

http://www.activesuspension.com/

second link is where i purchased.

Ditto on the RAS. I installed a kit on my ST four years ago, and it's great. I bought it from the same place that edge linked above. Much cheaper option than new springs, and you can install it yourself in your garage/driveway in an afternoon.

With the RAS kit installed, I've hauled some pretty heavy loads and pulled a trailer with little or no rear sag.