leaking front diff

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. the pinion seal is where the pinion is. Are you getting drops of lube or is it just wet.

If it is wet (oil colored) let it go. it is not a leak but really seepage.

We had some Koeke-Aronson rolls at work. It had a sticker near every oil seal that said, "Oil seepage is normal and not a cause of concern. It is a sign of oils with superior wetting ability. Unless a true leak is discovered, seepage is normal".

Tom

yes it does form an "bulb" then drips. the whole underside of the diff is wet?probably pushing it back when driving down the road. could this just be the seal between the two parts or something else

Could be the halfshaft seal. I had one go bad on the 2002 Ranger I used to have, pinion seal as well, soon enough that it was still on warranty.

My '07's front differential seeps from the cover gasket (that doesn't have a gasket). Anyone know if a gasket is available for the front differential cover?

More then likely it is the Pinion seal, It runs down and makes it look like the cover is leaking..

Ford redesigned that seal.

We just installed it on Paul H's truck...

Todd Z

Latest posts