Leather seat question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt Brown

Reaction score
I really like the charcoal interior on the 07 Trac withg the two tone leather.

How does leather hold up?

I plan on having a dog in future and also spend considerable time in "Snow sports" where the heated seats will be a plus but am conserned about them getting damage due to the wet and having to spend considerable time mainaining them.

What has been the experience out there?

When we had a dog, we would just fold the seat down and let the dog on top. Thier claws will rip/snag the leather if you let them up. I never really cared for leather except I do like the ones you descibed. My wife loves leather seats in her vehicle but that is because she isn't the one taking care of them all the time to condition and clean them. I use the Meguire's leather care wipes and they work pretty well. Still, alot of extra work when cleaning the vehicle to me.;)

The early Tracs had issues with the leather. Seems the late 02's and up what ever the issue was, seems to be solved. (Other than the steering wheel that peels up thru 04).

I have had it in almost every vehicle I own. I love being able to clean them so easily. I recommend getting heat seats as they are COLD in the winter time. The heat will help a lot...

Cloth will trap the hair from the pets too. Leather will not. You will need to be careful if they have sharp nails on the leather as it may get scratched up. Fold the rear seat down and you'll be good to go..

I have a 2001 that has 87k miles on it with leather AND 2 dogs that ride inside.

[Broken External Image]:

The dogs ride mainly in the back on a carpeted mat that rides on the folded down back seats.

[Broken External Image]:

The back seats look like brand new since they've been folded down since I bought the truck, and the front seats look good too. I cover the front passenger seat with a T shirt & a towel for the bottom section. The only seating surface that's needed to be replaced is the driver's side bottom cushion, and that's from me entering & exiting the truck and the seat cushion wore out along the outside edge. And my dogs ride in 'their' truck several times a day, every day!

Last edited by a moderator:
got1b, GET THE LEATHER WITH YOUR NEXT ONE! I have an 01, bought brand new, but the leather in that model year does not hold up REAL WELL, IMO! I have spots where the leather is starting to come apart at the seams and will have to replace the inserts. Aside from a not so ggod leather on the 01 ST, I do have a 91 EXP EB and the leather seemed much thicker than the 01 ST's leather. :D

Latest posts