LED tailgate light bar installed on 07 Limited

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bRAD Baltzer

Reaction score
I installed a "Pacer" brand 46" tailgate LED bar today on my 07 Trac. I looked at the Recon but prefer the Pacer because the turns are more subtle (6 amber LEDs) closer to the edge of the truck. The Recon turn indicators are red and 1/2 of the light bar flashes when activated which I didn't care for. I installed it by removing the 6 screws that hold on the bumper cover and mounted the bar flat against the bumper (back and bottom) using the same OEM holes in the truck. I cut out a section in the back of the light bar for access to the hole used to lower the spare. I also used new smaller headed screws to mount the light bar. /Brad

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Tail Lights

[Broken External Image]:

Left Turn

[Broken External Image]:

Right Turn

[Broken External Image]:

Back-Up Lights

[Broken External Image]:

Back-Up and Brakes

[Broken External Image]:

Brakes

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Brand Name is Pacer. Part number is 20-802 49" long. Purchased from Cabela's in Boise for $59.99. /Brad

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

How did you wire it? It looks like you lose your trailer connecter if you go that route.

Maybe you could write up a member project?

Looks very nice!

jfire

Man, that looks nice! I like that set up a lot better than the Recon lights and the white reverse lights are sweet. I'd like to know how you wired it as well. Even if it comes with a trailer adapter, it actually makes sense because with "most applications", when pulling a trailer you don't need the Pacer lights because they won't be visible. And it would be simple to hard wire them into the trailer pigtail. I'll definitely be getting a set of those, thanks for sharing the info.:)

Found it on Amazon

Product Features

* Line of Lights Bar adds high visibility with 4 functions: Running Light - Brake Light - Left Turn Signal - Right Turn Signal. LED lights are sealed in a clear weather proof covering for long life.

* Fits neatly into space just below the pickup tailgate, suv doors or on any flat and smooth clean surface on trailers, motor homes, campers and such.

* Easy at home installation with self-stick tape.

* Simply plug the 36” long cable (which is included) into the vehicles standard 4-pin trailer light connector. (This can be hard wired if necessary). NOTE: Adapter required on some trucks if you do not have a 4-pin connector.

* Available in widths of 49” (for most mini pickups) and 60” for must full size pickups

Evan aka ld KUD 50; I would be careful about this website as well as the Pacer website. You need to make sure you get model number 20-802. Their websites have not been updated and both only list the older model. It only shows models 20-800 (49") and 20-801 (60").

You must hook up the 12V power lead. Back-up lights lead is optional, but why not hook it up, it's very simple. My 07 Limited has the class III trailer hitch option and came with two trailer connectors. The main one is a 7 wire round connector with a bracket that holds a second 4 wire flat connector just below it. The wires coming out the rear of the main 7 wire round trailer connector are easy to get to and splice into. I simply plugged the 4 flat connector into the existing OEM auxiliary 4 flat connector. I did pull it out of it's bracket and wire tie it up so it's completely out of sight. The 12V power lead was connected to the orange wire coming out of the 7 wire round main connector and the backup lead was connected to the ??? can't remember the wire color, but it's simple to locate with a test light. I would agree, that the cleanest way is to hard wire the light bar. Since I had a redundant 4 flat connector, I used it. /Brad

Brad I see what your talking about the older model does not have the white leds. I searched on google and found this site with all four of them.

Cool..............yea the new model is also called "Outback F5", old model "Outback F4". Looks like the old model has amber turns, but just like the Recon light bars, 1/2 the bar lights up when the turns are activated. I don't care for this..........it's just overkill. Thanks, /Brad

I'm interested in ordering one too, does anyone have a Coupon Code for buyautotruckaccesories.com? Surely there's either a Free shipping or 5-10% discount code out there somewhere.

Latest posts