LEDs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Reed 2

Reaction score
I just recently put some red LEDs for my brake lights, and now whenever i use my turn signals, they blink fast. that usually means a bad bulb right? but when i check the bulbs they are fine and work correctly. what could be the problem?

You need an electric flasher to replace your mechanical one. At Advance Auto Parts the number is EP-27 I believe.

the fast blinking is caused because the LEDs use less current then the Filiment bulbs.

You can get the Flasher or add an Resistor (not sure of what size and Wattage) to stop the fast blinking. Or just let it blink fast Like I do.

I didnt know about the flassher until Jeff C posted this. I might have to look into it and get it.

Here is the link from Advance Auto Parts.

they say its $14.95

Hope this helps.

Same for front turn sigs, if you want to change to white off/amber on you must have

resistor for '07+ (6 ohm 25w I think)....also, I changed my rear to 36 LED bulb....anything less is not bright enough.

Not part of the main fuse box ... It's below the dash just above the brake pedal, behind a black square panel ... easiest to turn on you signal when you go look for it. Once you get the panel open, its an easy swap-out.

I switched from 45 light LEDs to 57 light LEDS .... best option out there short of swaping the whole fixture, which I haven't seen produced yet ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts