left front window problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 05 LF window seems loose and can be shucked from front to back and at highway speeds (65 or over) will literally be sucked out so it won't go up completely until I slow to less then 50 mph or more. I took it to the Ford Dealer and paid 85.00 just to be told it will need an entirely new window and regulator for an additional 500.00. I looked at Rock Auto and a few auto parts places and they all sell replacement regulators without the glass for less then 100.00. Is the Ford pirates trying to rip me off again?

Hello Frank - Born and raised in Worcester, Mass moved to North Carolina 30 years ago.

Anyways it's the same old story, it's not are they going to break one off in you but how

far they do it. Check for information on this site before you do any thing. The Sport Trac

Gods will help you. These guys know what their talking about or will point you in the right direction. Good Luck...

There are lots of YouTube videos showing DIY repair of the window regulator. The one I've linked below is from a company that also sells parts.

had the same thing happen with my beater car..2001 hyandi ..dealer wanted $300 plus labor to fix.

got the part number off rockauto..found the same part on amazon..$65 for the part. 6 door screws and 3 bolts that hold the regulator and a 1/2 hour of work and done.

Latest posts