Left overs from 2005 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry C

Reaction score
Well took the ST in for a front Diff that was blowen and ended up with a new 2013 Explorer Limited. With the repairs and them offering 10.3k as it sat, ended up leaving with a hell of a deal on a demo.

So now have a few items, of the top of my head that I'm listing here first to teh board that greatly sopports the platform.

Perfer local Chicagoland buyer, for local pickup/meet. all items are OBO. trades possible if of course not ST related. :banghead:

Have the factory sub and Amp and stock speakers - $100

Stock 6-disc MP3 head unit, pulled within the first year - $150

Stock airbox, MAF tube and airtube with K&N filter - $50

2 haynes/chilton Service manuals and Ford CD/DVD - $25

Motorcraft plug wires, removed around 32-35k - $50

-----

Rodney's custom shop Sport Trac box w\ Kicker 8 L7 Subwoofer - $200

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-box-w-Kicker-8-L7-Subwoofer-/360350212885?pt=US_Speaker_Sub_Enclosures&hash=item53e68be315

The complete setup. - $459. Asking $375.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-box-w-Kicker-8-L7-Subwoofer-/220738132616?pt=US_Speaker_Sub_Enclosures&hash=item3365049a88

----

Top pad and a complete set of heated seat kit, this is the mesh kit. - $100

The completely kit miss one bottom. But you can trim the top to the size of a bottom.

Wireing and 2 switches included.

5 17x7 5 original Boyd Coddington Magneto wheels. One with Yokohama Geolander A/T 245/65-17 tire. $500.

4 20x8.5 MB Brusers with Hankook P255/50R20 with 7661.2 miles - $1000.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/~library/20488/PICs/IMG_20121012_092424_487[1].jpg

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/pts/3766572472.html

I'll update if I find other items.

Thanks to the board and all the fellow members.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an 02 and live in the northern suburbs..if I don't have the six cd changer will the factory sub still work or do I need to have the six cd changer..if so would you maybe make a deal on them?

The sub enclosure also has a small AMP mounted to it.

But you have to have the hardness from the factory head unit already run to the rear of the ST.

The head unit I have is the premier one so I believe I'd a bit more power, plus 6 disc and MP3.

Not sure on the one you have.

I ended up using buying the Rodney box, it slides under the back Passenger's side of the bench seat.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
So essentially I can't put this into mine because it isn't made for it?? Or do you have the things to run it all to the front.

If you already have the wiring, then yes you can use the sub/amp enclosure.

But I'm not sure if Ford used the same wiring harness for all models.

I don't think they would sell just the radio to sub/amp wiring.

With the Rodney sub box, you would tap into you rear speaker leads and run those to an amp and then to the sub.

The sub fit nicely under the rear bench on the Pass. side. custom fit for that.

I'm going to check to see what other Amp I have to go with the sub box.

This thing hit nice and tight/ very deep and I was only using 1/3 to 1/2 of the power of a 400 Watt AMP, so you don't need a hugh Amp to run it.

Plus it's inside right behind you so you don't need much for it to be loud.

My total system in the ST was a little under 3k back in 2006.

I looked at doing this before and it ended up being a ton of work plus $$ and since I'm a student I don't have really a lot of either of those so I guess I'm gonna have to wait awhile for something like this

Dean, I believe in order to get the sub to work you do have to have the pioneer head unit. The 6-disk factory head unit has an extra pin connector in the back for the amp/sub. The wiring for the sub is already pre-wired in the truck. All you gotta do is install the subwoofer behind the back seat. Run the wire from the sub/amp to the passenger kick panel where there's a plug/connector next to the 4x4 control module. Change out the headunut and there's a 8-pin connectors plugged into this brain control Module at the back of the radio/bezel opening. Unplug it and plug it to the extra pin connector on the pioneer 6 disk. All should be a direct plug and play. I did this exact swap. So I know for a fact that it will work.

Thanks for the info Arturo.

Just to clarify the 6-disc head unit I have is the premium one.

I believe the Pioneer was with the Adrenalin package and the Sub was a 10" not an 8"

And AMP was a bit more powerful and the head unit was the same power, but different face/finish.

Thanks

The Adrenalin stereo package was a pioneer 6 disk with a sub underneath the seat. The headunit and sub/amp was more powerful putting out 510 total watts. There was also a pioneer 6 disk headunit that came factory with the 2002-2003 Pioneer edition sport tracs. These two headunits were unique looking and almost looked alike.

There was another Pioner 6 disk which was in the premium package Xlt. This one had a titanium gray finish with "pioneer" imprinted on it and came with the behind the seat audiophile sub/amp putting out 295 total watts.

However, there was another 6 disk factory headuni that came in a black finish. It resembled the 6 disk Pioneer on the premiums just a different color and didn't have "pioneer" printed on it.

Latest posts