left side lower than right

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently purchassed an 02 sport track-exceptionaly clean and 42000 miles. I was planning to replace the rear shocks and was checking underneath to see how difficult it would be. I noticed that the left side is approximately one inch lower than the right-very noticable from the rear. After measuring several things underneath it seems that the left rear spring is flatter than the right. I compared the distance from the floor to bottom of the spring just in front of the U bolt(same on both sides) Then measured the distance from the floor to the rear spring eye(one inch higher on right than left). It would appear that the spring has somehow" de-arched if that's possible. Or perhaps has been repaced with one with a different arch. I bought the truck from a Ford dealer with a sterling reputation who said tHey sold the car new,serviced it and took it in on trade for a bigger truck. Can't see any obvious signs of wreck-it was detailed to a gnat's rear,spotless underneath. In retrrospect , perhaps they were hiding something. I purchased the Ford premium warranty because it was an 02 and loaded stuff that could potentially cause problems-but was not expecting any thing like this. Wonder if any of you have thoughts on what could be causing this? Thanks.

Thanks, did the search. I'm relieved that it's a common, easily corrected problem. Just looked at my 93 Ranger-and it's still dead level. Sport Track was to be a replacement for my old truck, but I decided to keep it anyway. Thanks again.