Lift ideas?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am thinking about ordering Irok 36X13.50-R20. Does anyone know the clearance i need? I don't want it to high and I am willing shave edges from the front bumper. Not going off-road, just for style or i guess looks. Any info is greatly appreciated.

It's going to have to be pretty high to clear a 36" tire, sorry, even if you trim. You're looking at a 4" Superlift kit plus a 2" or 3" bodylift and 4.56 gears to make it run right, assuming it's a 4x4. If it's a 4x2 you could probably use dropped spindles and cranked t-bars instead of the full lift kit, still need the bodylift, at least shackles and maybe higher rear springs, and the gears. 10" rims with no more than 4.25" backspace, less than that is better, and you'll have to service the front wheel bearings a lot, at least once annually and maybe twice. Life of the tie rod ends will be short. Upgrade to braided stainless brake lines at least, bigger brakes would be a good idea with the dubs and IROK's because that's a lot of rolling mass. Basically there is lots of room in back, the problem is the front.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had 33's put on my Trac with a 3" body lift...they are the largest tires my truck will handle with the 3" lift...anything bigger requires a suspension lift, trimming, etc and more $$$.

I have a 3inch body lift and t/t. I also have shackles for about 5 and a half inches. I am running 285's but I know I could fit a lot bigger tire with just a little triming. Pics in my Library.