LIFT ON SPORT TRAC QUESTION

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HEY EVERYONE! i'm new to the sport trac and to this website so bare with me. This is the first time owning a truck so I don't know much about lift kits although I have worked on honda's, audi's, and vw's so I am somewhat mechanic literate. So if anyone could enlighten me on some information I would greatly appreciate it.

I want a lift that isn't too big but big enough to get good clearance for mountainous terrain, in utah the limit is 4 inches I believe so I'd like a 3 or so but don't know how it will look and how it will ride and whats a good product out there that will work well for me and not rob my piggy bank. Thanks!

if its four wheel drive superlift makes one abd its the only one for a 4wd and its 1800 bucks and if its 2wd get the ranger edge fabtech spindle kit its about 1000 bucks or get a boy lift those are all under 4 inches and the are all 3 inches

thanks for all the comments, it is 4wd so I think the performance accessories 3" lift is the way to go for me. Thanks everyone. Now is that install by yourself? or is it with a shop?

I e-mailed performance accessories and they don't carry one for the 04's...I can't find any for the 04 sport trac's so it looks like i'm back to square 1...

The body lift does nothing to the ride. The superlift changes out suspension parts. Chad just installed his in the past few months. He can chime back in on how the ride is.

The ride is great. Lookie here!!! Got a few more pics of my recent trip to Moab UT last week:wub:

[Broken External Image]:

that is very nice! I like it, I live only 4 and a half hours north of moab UT. What should I expect when getting this lift done? Do i need any extra parts or speed recalibration or something about a driveshaft?

Chad--great pic but I can't believe it isn't doing a back-flip. :lol:

What should I expect when getting this lift done? Do i need any extra parts or speed recalibration or something about a driveshaft?

1. Your wife or g/f will complain a lot about climbing in and forget about taking the Trac if she's wearing a dress. I don't get it either. :wacko: Maybe keep a milk crate for her to step on.

2. The lift itself won't affect the speedo but larger tires will. Either an XCal2 or Superlift's Tru Speed can correct it. Me, I just allow that the truck is going 5 mph faster than the speedo says and call it good. You put less miles on that way too. ;)

3. The rear driveshaft is fine but Superlift recommends using their front driveshaft because the stock one won't last real long with the increased angle. Superlift's unit uses a double u-joint in the front. The front hubs do not disengage in 2wd and it spins all the time.

I would recomend the superlift drive shaft. The stock driveshaft has a CV style joint at the transfer case side and that is where mine blew apart! The ST is hard to get in if you take off your step bars. I have no problem getting but my wife and son do. So I take mine off when going off road. But I am also planning on building some rock sliders to replace the step bars.

The it is very easy to install, if you have mechanical knowledge it should take you about 8 hrs install if doing it alone. But make sure you have air tools!! It will make it so much easier. I cannot wait to go back to Moab.

Good luck,

Chad

Picture of Chad's ST without the camera tilted!;) (Notice grass growing straight, now and the fence post is vertical.)

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts