light bar???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Sove

Reaction score
looking to put 4 lights on the top of my trac, but i refuse to drill more holes in the roof. i would REALLY like to find a crossbar that i can mount to the roofrails that are already there.. or, ive also thought about removing the stock roofrails, and using the existing holes for a light bar.. any ideas? anyone know of a bar i can buy thats ready to go?

And if you ask George C you can run the wires with out drilling holes also..

Todd Z

ok, i like that idea of stock crossbars.. two things.. the way it would mount to the roofrack already in place worries me... i live in a nice area.. BUUTT i work in an area where if it aint welded down, its gone.. lol second question, wondering what this "crossbar" is made out of.. weight of the 4lights + force of wind + plastic crossbar = not a good idea.

anyone know where i can buy one? or get lots of info for one at??

mike

Mike,

Here is a pic of my setup. I used the Yakima bars and their loadwarrior basket. Everything is steel and locked on. I don't have the factory bars but being they are built to support weight I'm sure they would be fine to use. There is a lock company called McGuard that sells locks for PIAA lights--maybe others as well.

If you are looking for the stock crossbars give our sponsor Walls Ford a call. You will get the best price from them if you mention you are from this site.

Also, Todd and I were able to wire my 4 roof lights without drilling any holes in the roof. We were able to run the wires up the trim on each side of the windshield!

George

[Broken External Image]:

good deal. im looking into the yakima cross bars now. ill hunt around for a few days for the cheapest price, unless somebody here knows of a sponsor or anything. thanks again guys.

Latest posts