Like Lemon in your iced tea or water?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately it is all around us...

But we eat animals that eat other animals poo don't we......:wacko::wacko:

Todd Z

bottled water and no lemon for me!

oh geeze TODD!!! HA HA HA.... lmao! thanks a bunch for reminding me!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
They can't make me sick unless I let them, and I don't intend to do such a thing.

I've been taking lemons from cups at restaurants and eating them, rine and all, for ages now, and I'm alive and kickin'.

The world is full of germs, why do people have to have paranoia? The overuse of antibiotics and "germ killing" products such as soap, lysol spray, and wipes are just making the bacteria stronger, so full-on germ paranoia is a disservice.

Living a germ paranoid life inside of a bottle of hand sanitizer a la howie mandel is not the life that I want to lead.

As for the animals, they eat waste, but I eat them, which is a step up from myself eating waste, so doesn't that mean that I have better taste than them? ;)

My wife puts lemon in her drinks, including water, all the time (men don't bother with such frivolity) and she never gets sick. My understanding is that most bacteria (type and concentration) that live on the outside of food is easily killed in the digestive process and if not, you get a free cleansing.

Do you wash your hands between peeling and eating an orange? Do you wash the orange before you peel it?, No? You know your contaminating the flesh of that orange with the bacteria you picked up off the peel..tsk, tsk. We know all the people involved in the process of delivering that orange washed their hands regularly so don't worry. LOL

So the bottom line is, if you're the kind of guy that likes lemon in his water (and then worries about it), foodborne bacteria is not your biggest concern (hair care products probably are).

saw a segment on "dirty jobs" raising tailapi fish, they eat the fish poo of other fish as part of their regualr diet, they are used to clean the holding tanks of other fish.

Used to be if it "bleeds it leads". Now the news is filled with "germs that make us squirm."

Anyway, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, I say.

I'll keep ordering the twist of lemon. I don't believe all the hype.

TJR

My teacher told me than a couple years back some girl did an experiment where she took ice from all the major fast food restaurants, then she took a sample of toilet water from them all also. In all but a couple the toilet water was cleaner than the ice.

I think we have become so involved with germ free. We are hindering the natural inmune system. What a sick future that would make. Everything having to be sanitized. People wear mask and gloves in public, because the bodies inmune system was destroyed.

Fast E - I agree !!!!

The thought today is medication cures everything ---- to an extreme.

Science inject rats with high doses - they die or get sick - there is a problem here.

Asbestos in schools. A problem. The "boomer generation" grew up with this. We are not dead yet !!!!

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts