Limited 4x4 or adrenalin?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I havent been on here for a few years, Sorry. But I gave my 01 Trac to my son who is loving it. He took over my old profile.

I am currently in Iraq, and want to by an Adrenalin when I get back.

The problem is there seems to be a huge price difference between the used limited 4x4 v8 and adrenalin awd v8. If I buy the Limited, which is much cheaper, how much would it cost parts wise to make it look like an adrenalin? I I figure the 2 fenders, grill, fog lights, ft bumper, rear bumper, running boards, and wheels, and of course paint. Did I miss anything? Would this conversion be cost effective if I found some parts used?

I really like the looks of the Adrenalin, but don't think its worth 27-33K for a used one, when I can get a Limited in the low 20K's.

If this as been asked before...sorry, but I searched for hours, and couldn't find very much info. Thanks any advice would be appreciated.

IMHO the Gen 2 adrenalin has much more to it than the Gen 1 adrenalin.

personally i would much rather go ahead and get the adreanlin.

who knows how long it will take you to acquire all the parts and the

price for them might be quite expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I started my search I tossed this idea around and eventually just said the hell with it and bought an Adrenalin. Cost and Time needed are the biggest factors, here in Canada finding used Adrenalin parts was very difficult and for some reason I was only finding the same part over and over (lots of left fenders, no rights, or rear bumpers no one had front)

If you have the urge like I did, I didn't want to wait, traded in my Gen2 and bought the '10 Adrenalin.

Thanks for your opinions. I ultimately want the Adrenalin, but can wait untill I get home from the desert. Just wanted to weight my options. I will probably get an 08, because of the price difference compaired to new.

My only other option is to get an 07 limited thats orange frost. I really like that color.

Any more opinions will be welcome. Glad to be back on here.

I would go for the 4x4 limited and then use some of the $$ difference to customize it, new wheels and tires, grill, lift, etc..etc... BUT if you REALLY prefer the Adrenalin then go with that. I wold personally be happier with the Limited customized to my liking, but if you would prefer the Adrenalin then go with it, its a lot of money to spend either way so a little extra on the adren is worth it IMO if you'd be more happy with it. I've made the mistake of buying a car just on money and didn't like it at all, I wont do that again.

Well I have an 08 Adrenalin and I really cant complain. It has been by far the most reliable and most excerilating vehicle i have ever purchased. I do realize the price difference but ultimately its really is up to you whether you want to spend the 5-6k difference. I did and i dont regret it in the least. I have the black adrenalin and i ended up painting the calipers red for a little signture deal. If anything white or grey are great colors. Again, really up to you.

Hey Victor, first, thank you for your service to our country, and have a safe trip home. 2nd, just get the Adrenalin, and save yourself some time and money, and enjoy the experience of cruizin in an Adrenalin!, by the way, if it's affordable for you,try and get a 2010 model, supposed to be the LAST year for the Sport Tracs.Could be a real collectors item soon!:haveabeer::supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts