LOCKING GAS COVER

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POJ Irving

Reaction score
Before I post my query, let me first express my sincere condolence to those who have lost friends and or families in NO and the surrounding flood hit areas. I know fingers are being pointed in all directions and no one is taking responsibility for their actions as to what should have been done to have averted this disaster; never the less I am making some donation to the Red-Cross to assist those suffering. I will be taxed for the rebuilding process, just as I am paying like everyone for the present situation we find ourselves in.

Now for my post - In light of the gas crisis, I was wondering if anyone out there with a ST or any Ford vehicle has a lockable gas cover? If you do, where can I get one and is it difficult to install? I have always wondered why Ford does not have a gas cover that locks on there vehicles. (Cheap or what?)

PJ. I have one and it is not hard to install. You simply pry off the plastic ring on the OEM one, and slip the new one on. The locking gas cap is a single unit in itself. I believe you can get them for about $10-$15 at Walmart, and I believe a genuine Ford one is about $35-$40. Hope this helps!

But yes, I have one and it may just be a mental thing, but I feel a little better knowing that it will at least take someone an effort to get to my gas. By that time, hopefully he would realize that the alarm is going off. :)

DB

Actually, The LeverLIft Company is working on a power locking gas door that connects to your existing door lock system, and it will be more convenient and cheaper than a $45 locking gas cap.

...Rich

That would be awesome Richard!

I was meaning to join the group buy for the leverlift, but some home remodeling and the gas prices prevented me to... I'll keep saving pennies... But you make it more difficult to save enough. :lol:

Latest posts