Looking for advice....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy Coleman

Reaction score
http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/myersford/usedvehicles?_eventId_vehicledetails=true&vin=1FMEU53827UA29586&dealerPACode=00124

Ok guys, I am looking at this truck and have talked back and forth with a sales guy. Based on what other people have experienced, what do you guys think?!?

Any suggestions about the max I should pay?

Thanks!!!!!!!

No power rear window.....

Keep on looking for something else..

That ST is an early 07, missing some options and good things you might miss if you bought it..

Todd Z

P.S here is the link

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the color but have to agree with Todd.. That's the job1 '07 version.. They made some changes and added the power window on the models released later.. Might want to keep looking. I know I couldn't live without my power rear window now that I'm used to it..

Oh man, I am glad you guys caught that!! You're right, I have that now in my 01 and there is no way I could live without that!!

Thanks guys!!! I will keep looking till I find the right one :eek:(

I found another one that does have the power window, but, it doesn't have the sun/moon roof option. I don't have that option now and really wanted to get that.

Is the sun roof worth it or not?!? Are they prone to leak? I've never had one before....

Wames,

Honestly I never bought a sunroof with any New car I bought.. I have had over 12 aftermarket ones installed with 100% success. No leaks and no problems.

You can always have one installed for about $800-$1,200.....

I also have 1 in my 04 and none in my 03....

I have NEVER opened the one in the 04 after owing the truck for 2 years now..

Todd Z

http://paulobaughford.com/Preowned-Inventory.aspx?InventoryId=26718522

Here's the one without the sun roof.

Any suggestions on price?!?

I've had both a 2002 Trac w/out the moon roof, and now own a 2004 STA with a moon roof. Now that I have one, I'll never own another vehicle without one! I especially love it in the Trac. As soon as the weather's warm enough, I open it up all the time. I especially love it in the summer with all five other windows open. I rarely use the A/C because I love driving with all five windows and the moon roof open.

Here's what I could do. I could only expect about 3k for my trade-in. I could put down 3k instead of trading in my old truck, buy the new truck, then sell my old one on my own and use the profit from that to buy an aftermarket sun roof.

It's idea but, may be more trouble than it's worth....

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a retractable moon roof, But I had a pop up one installed in my Tacoma for 350.00 with a life time warranty.. There are other ways to go..

You could always just install on of these... ;):D

Never been much of a moonroof fan.

My wife has one in her 06 Pilot. It's never been opened.

In Oklahoma, it's either too cold or too hot.

But I love the sliding rear window in the ST. I'll never be without one again.

I have an early 07 (no power rear window) and it doesn't bother me in the least, no moon roof either, but don't care for the moon roof , nice if your only going 10 mph, but noisy at cruising speeds to me. My 02 had the power rear window and its nice, but wasn't a deal breaker for me in any way

I have a rear power window that I couldn't live without. It's open every single day.

No moon roof but if I did, that would also be open all the time!! Had a moon roof in my previou car (focus) and it was awesome!

I've hauled 12' long planks in the Trac by running them through the back window and down on to the front passenger floorboard. That feature alone is a must-have, and is one thing that makes the Trac so unique and versatile!:cool::banana:

Got my wife a moon roof for her 06 RAV but we rarely use it after the initial excitement wore off. So it's not a necessity to me. I would not own a Trac without the power rear window though. To me that was the stupidest thing Ford ever did was try to produce these without one. That's what makes it a Trac. Without it it's just another pickup.