Looking to buy a laptop

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Schwartz

Reaction score
Looking to buy a laptop either mac or xp. Does anyone have anything available they would let go for fairly cheap? If there is anything wrong with it just let me know in advance maybe ill purchase to fix it up.

I've had this for sale on eBay for a few days.

It doesn't have XP, but instead Ubuntu, which in my opinion is as easy to use as XP.

Only known issue is that the backlighting for the LCD doesn't always kick on upon boot-up. That doesn't happen all the time. Sounds like the light tubes may be going. Either way, the auction includes a docking station and the laptop works just fine when hooked to a monitor, which the docking station is great for.

TJR

I got mine back in October from the Dell refurbished. It's a Vista which I actually do like it. Same good quality pc, and warranty, but alot lower price.

Greg, you state here that you are looking for "either mac or xp" but didn't you just posted an entry to sell your Macbook because you "just went back to a PC" and you "don't like mac's"?

That is correct I already sold that mac. My girlfriend's mom is looking for a mac for a good price. Do I have to explain my life story? Do you think I am trying to be deceitful? Who are you?

Plain and simple I want to buy some laptop(s) and have been a member of this forum for over 4+ years. If you have something your looking to sell let me know, no need for thread crapping. However, I will thank you for trolling my thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
No need for a life story or an explanation of any sort.

First off, congrats of your veteran ship.

Second, take a deep breath and think for a second . . . for all I know, you may be someone that buys and sells electronics, such as laptops. For all I know, you may be an entrepreneur interested in helping people in need while simultaneously making a profit. Electronics are currently and will always be in high demand and kudos to anyone with the means to benefit from this buyers/sellers market.

Since I am interested in purchasing a laptop at some point in the future, I thought to myself "maybe this guy can help me find a good deal."

I am not out to get you Greg and unless you've done something you're feeling guilty about, neither is most of the world.

You've received some good advice here. I personally know of people who have purchased both accers and others who have purchased referbs. Both come with warranties, so you can't go wrong. If I remember correctly, Dingo bought an Accer not too long ago. Maybe you could contact him with questions.

Good Luck on your searching.

life stories tend to be more fun. Good to hear that your not one of "those people" hopefully I find a good deal. I'm trying to work something out with Steve now who seems to have a pretty good deal on a laptop. I'm not too sure about Acer's I have heard some mixed reviews about them, almost reminds me of my bad emachine experience that I had 2 years ago.

DO NOT EVER BUY AN EMACHINE :)

Latest posts