looking to buy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Tindall

Reaction score
Hello All

I am new to this board and have wanted to get a sport trac for a while now and have narrowed down my search do thhis one.

http://www.dennisjonssongm.com/used.htm

it is the blue one on page six.

Has any one got any opinions on what price i should be looking at for that model with those options?

also how many differnt levels of models did the 2001 come in?

the body and interior is in great shape, and its seems by browsing the posts that just like every car there are people that love it and have no problems and people who hate theirs. any way i look forwrd to spending time on the board and welcome any suggsestions you may have about my purchase price.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a beautiful truck, but I agree with Q in that it's about $4,000 too much. It's Canadian dollars right? Yeah too much $$$$

-Heather in OC

With rebates, folks were buying brand-new STs for that price. Even if the number on the odometers is in Kms, that is still over 60,000 miles.

Yup, $16K USD.

This is what the dealer says are options:

Options : Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM Stereo, Anti-Lock Brakes, Bucket Seats, CD Player, Cruise Control, Driver Air Bag, Dual Air Bag, Fog Lights, Heated Mirrors, Intermittent Wipers, Keyless Entry, Off-Road Tires, Power Brakes, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Seat, Power Steering, Power Windows, Roof Rack, Running Boards, Sunroof, Tilt Steering, Tilt Wheel, Tinted Glass, Tow Package

This is what I feel are the real options:

Options : Fog Lights, Heated Mirrors, Keyless Entry, Off-Road Tires, Power Locks, Power Seat, Running Boards, Sunroof, Tow Package

Everything else is, I believe, is standard at least in the U.S.

Can you do a Canadian equivelent of a Carfax report?

Kelly-

I bought my '05 4x4 for under $19,000 new. There are deals to be made and I happened to stumble across a great one, so if you can't talk them down or get them to add some goodies for no cost, I would suggest you keep looking. I know the availability may be scarce, but there's got to be a better deal out there. Good luck!

-Heather in OC

The blue book on my 01 4X4 Trac is around $18,000. It has 60K miles and every option except the moon roof. I think that Trac you are looking at should be around $ 12,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
i paid $13000 us for my 2001 4x4 with 40000 miles ST was in perfect shape. i now have 73000 miles and it is running strong.

[Broken External Image]:

I agree with all, Too much. I paid 13K for my 2001 with 52000 miles on it. It also came with Premium ESP covering 20 months or 48k. This was early '05.

Latest posts