Looking to trade my Cap for a Tonneau Cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnAlan21

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New Sport Trac owner and new to the site. I have a white Century cap with 3 opening windows on it from my 2002 Sport Trac I just purchased. I'm looking to trade for a tonneau cover that will also fit. The cap is great, but I prefer the tonneau cover look. I don't know how much this cap or any tonneaus are currently worth, I'm hoping someone can help lead me in the right direction here. I added 2 pics to show how it looks and how the windows open. Any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks.
11.png
12.png

The Facebook Forums are always looking for caps

My 1st gen ST came with the factory bifold cover and I recently bought an 09 that came with an aftermarket tri-fold and have to say the aftermarket one is way more functional. Easier to handle, trifold leaves larger bed space when folded twice, easy to remove and throw in the back seat if I need it off.
Factory is heavy and tricky to handle by yourself.

i would sell the cap, i had to travel a few states away to locate mine and had been looking for years and i paid 500, well worth it, i see the fold up covers quite a bit for cheap, i also have a cover but it is a hard cover by under cover and i will take the shell any day for the room. did not care for the tri fold i had back in 04 and gave it away but wished i had to trade you for a another cap for my other trac.

Buddy just gave me his today with tow hooks! Hope you find yours buddy!

I paid $300 for a white Century cap in bad shape. Quotes for a new one ran $1500-$2000. $500 would be a very fair price for yours.

Problem is there isn't much of a market for them, and it's all local..

I could sell you an oem tonneau cover, but it's in Colorado ;-)

I bought an Access 91329 Vanish Tonneau Cover off Amazon for $300 and I've been real pleased with it. Lightweight, easy to use, and doesn't leak. Also can be rolled back for taller loads.

that is a good deal, and there great for keeping things in bed and less wind drag, better fuel mileage if on long trip.

Something to be said for OEM. I'd get what the poster above said to get you along. BUT, I'd also be on-the-lookout for OEM, in your area.

Latest posts