Looks like Cash for Clunkers is done!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Cabrera

Reaction score
You gotta love it!

The government plans to suspend its popular "cash for clunkers" program amid concerns it could quickly use up the $1 billion in rebates for new car purchases, congressional officials said Thursday.

The Transportation Department called lawmakers' offices to alert them to the decision to suspend the program at midnight Thursday

One billion dollars into the hands of the people is too much, how will the common people spend this money, the government can spend it more wisely than the people.

Another Obama failed initiative...Let's just have another beer...bring a friend....of the opposite color of course...Can you say Beer Summit?:banana:

What color is the opposite?

I can understand white and black...almost, maybe...definitely possibly...no, not really (tho they aren't technically colors), but what about "red" and "yellow"?

Of course, by the time I'm done at the Booze Summit (beer isn't the greatest), these pesky details won't matter lol

I have heard that if all the bailout and stimulus money spent to-date was pooled together it would equal the total income taxes collected by the IRS over an 18 month period.

You have to ask yourself: Which would stimulate our economy and save jobs more, what the government has done so far, or 18 months in which no one owes/pays income tax?

TJR

They said the program was triple what they expected and couldn't handle the influx of paperwork.

Hmmm. Kinda makes one wonder about the health care program and how they will handle 50 million new people trying to get paperwork through, doesn't it.

This is so sweet more of my tax money is now going to help everybody else buy a new car! Cannot wait to see what other stupid idea's Obama comes up with. We should have a record national debt that wil never be topped by the end of his presidency.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so sweet more of my tax money is now going to help everybody else buy a new car! Cannot wait to see what other stupid idea's Obama comes up with. We should have a record national debt that wil never be topped by the end of his presidency.

I see so much bitterness and anger from the right lately. It's going to give you a stroke, ulcer, or permanent case of cranky bad attitude. If you're not careful, it'll scar you for life. Instead, sit back, relax, and have a beer. And realize that this program is no different than a tax credit, something you probably would have cheered for under a Republican president.

A Twin Cities news station just showed this week's results of the CARS program at one car dealership. One of the new car lots, which was full of new cars last week, is now filled with old beaters with "CFC" painted on the windsheilds. And it showed a pair of service techs bringing each car into the shop to drain the oil, pouring the silica solution into the crankcase, and running the engine until it seizes. There must have been a hundred cars on that lot. Impressive.

Instead, sit back, relax, and have a beer. And realize that this program is no different than a tax credit, something you probably would have cheered for under a Republican president.

Yes it is. If I choose not to purchase a car under this BS program, then I don't get a "tax credit". Instead, the gov't takes my money from me by force and gives it to some one else.:angry: This is nothing more than "spreading the wealth".

And realize that this program is no different than a tax credit, something you probably would have cheered for under a Republican president.

Had this been a tax credit to anyone that purchased a automobile produced in this country, it would have benefited everyone, instead of just a few.

I see so much bitterness and anger from the right lately. It's going to give you a stroke, ulcer, or permanent case of cranky bad attitude. If you're not careful, it'll scar you for life. Instead, sit back, relax, and have a beer.

This is not about bitterness or anger, it's about providing an better solution to an existing problem. If this needs further explaination, then you are part of the problem, not part of the solution...

It should have been a tax credit to everyone used and new.

Where I live, most people are buying Hyundai. 90% of these clunker drivers are driving them for a reason! Their credit sucks or they just want the cheapest thing on wheels.

I've worked one deal for C4C so far and the woman couldn't find her title so no dice. I have a brother in law who has a paid off firebird he wants to trade but the title still as not clear so he isn't eligible and in the 10 days it would take to get a new title, this program will be over.

This isn't helping me or my Lincoln Mercury dealership. These are all buyers that normally buy used cars. I sell 70% pre-owned. I had a record horrible July.

There was a huge rush in sales because of the C4C progam. Well....there was also a huge number of people holding out for this since Obama proposed it.

In the end this program will end up with majority new car sales to Hyundai. I wish I had a Mercuy Focus. Maybe then I'd get some deals out of this.

Latest posts