Louisville Countdown!!!!! (Again) LOL =)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Well 7 days left until we leave for Louisville and 8 days until it officially starts with the operational tour on Thursday night.

Going to be loading up the truck with tool box and miscellaneous stuff in the next coming days. Can't wait!!!:D:D:D

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!

Paul H

Last edited by a moderator:
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Just rub salt into the wound why don't you:p:p:p:p

Seriously, we hope you have as wonderful of a time as LaRue and I have in the past Louisville meets. Sure do wish we could have made it, just too many unforseen mishaps in the past year has put a damper on any extra curicular activity in our lives right now.

HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF FUN!!!!!!!!!

Safe travels and a wonderful time to everyone. I'm pretty disappointed I cannot make it this year, but I am taking two bar exams, and I really cannot fall behind in preparation. Hopefully gas and Ford will see better days in 2010, and I'll be there then.

To come clean, I too wish I was in on the countdown. I had to put it off. Got to stay here and keep tabs on my well being and assets. Wife is leaving me. She says she cant stand me being retired and she is not. Iam older than her. She calls it needing a separation. I tried to make a vacation out of it, Nashville and some other things included. She wasnt intrested> She has been making copies of our finances and investments. So I tend to think there is more to it than a sepreration.:( Iam not as dumb as I look.

Whoa. I wish I had something supportive and inspirational to say. That entire situation sucks. If you need anything at all, please let me know.

Eddie,

I am very sorry to hear. That is aweful. There are no words anyone can say to make you feel better.

The only positive thing I can say is what you are experiencing is not that uncommon. It happens more often than you would expect.

Tom

Eddie, sorry to hear about your situation, been there done that. Friends can be a big help for your mental state. Don't be afraid to talk to them, or anyone as far as that goes. For me, it was the best thing that ever happened. I have a son from my second time around and the best wife ever. Good luck.

Gary D.

Thanks for the support guys. Been married before but not as long as this, 17yrs. She threw this at me a few months ago. Thought it was a phase. We dont fuss and fight as to where you want get away. She is a teacher, now that school is out she is moving out.

Sad thing is here Iam retired at 58 and might have to surender 1/2 of assets, pension and such. Few more years she would draw decent pension and medical from Texas teachers. Thought we were set. not rich but comfortable. I suppose it will take me out of retirement. I hope she realizes, when she walks, no coming back. First wife walked to go party. She tried to come back. I didnt take her back either.

Now I have to stick around and get myself legaly protected and make shure she doesnt clean me out in my absence. When you catch your spouse making copies of asset records. Also as of yesterday no longer putting any of her paycheck into joint account. That definitly throws up the red flags.

I shure wanted to make this trip. Been a member of this board 4yrs.

edit; sorry for stealing the thread. It just reminded me of why I cant go.

Wow Eddie, I'm really sorry to hear that.... I know so many people going either going through this, about to go through this, or just got done with this.... its really sad. I hope everything turns out OK for you, or at least as good as it can in the situation, it really depresses me just thinking about the hardships this so often causes.:(

Keep your head up and look to your friends for support, don't try to go it alone.

Eddie.......Sorry to hear this news, but you know....you did the right thing to share this on this board. You may not have met several of us here, but know you have our support.

You are by far not alone......I too went thru this myself after 21 years being married to the same person.

If this is all over the fact that you are retired and she's not....that sux and sounds like she has been making "other" plans for some time now and has been told by someone to start the seperation process with joint acct's etc.

It's hard, but try not to let this get the better of you and know you have the support from friends here on this site.

Paul.....sorry this thread got 'high jacked' but for a very good reason. Good luck with the meet...wish I was able to attend....looking forward to hearing about it and seeing the pix.

Paul you are excited aren't you! :D meeee toooo!!!!!

Fast E, I am so sorry you have to deal with something such as that. Good luck to you. I would offer her, maritail counseling (and have your attorney document that) This way it shows that You were doing all you could to keep it together.

As a female. I find it very odd laws don't protect the guys more. Really! If a gal wants to walk then she needs to leave and take NOTHING. Yep I'm saying it. (of course there are circumstances that play into that) Meaning. That if she was always treated well and never any abuse and she was treated with kindness. And just all of a sudden feels she needs a different life because she is bored, and doesn't want to try and work on it such as counseling or do things that could help. I don't feel she should get HALF of ANYTHING!.

On the other hand if a gal or the kids are mentally abused or physically abused and wants out. By all means take him for all he has!

Fast E stand your ground! ;)

edit.... and think on that 3rd statement of desertfox07's maybe you need to have your attorney have a PI to do some investigating on your behalf.

(this is about your own protection, you need things go to in your favor and you just never know) I know it's hard but you keep upbeat and just get your ducks in a row! you have many friends here as you can see there are a few (probably more than a few) that have been down this road.

There will hopefully be other National ST meets and I am sure there will be local meets for you to attend!

Wow Eddie... what can I say....Hire a PI and find out what she is hiding and who or what she is running off to!!

Also man pull your money out of her grasp. You can put a stop on any credit cards that you are the primary holder on so she can not use them any more. Basically man play F'N hard ball man, make her sweat and rue the day she ever thought about hurting and leaving you.

I know it may sound rough and cruel blah, blah, blah, blah. She is ending you life together right? Well don't make it easy for her!!!

Paul H

I agree totally with Paul and that is exactly what I had to do regarding my ex. I stopped short of hiring a PI though, I had all the evidence I needed to prove she was cheating on me.

After I shut down all the joint credit cards that were in my name as the primary holder, I ended up with a balance of about 47K which forced me into a chapter 7 after the divorce.

Too bad Eddie that you didn't live up here in the Dallas area.......that TV show Cheaters could have put a trace on her to see exactly what she is doing if in fact that she's got something going on the side at no charge to you, but who really wants to go public with their relationships?

Divorce is ugly any way you cut it. I think after being married for several years, it's even harder making the split.

I started dating my ex when she was 14 and I was 17....we got married when she was 18 and I was 21. We divorced in '97. I found the new love of my life thru friendfinder and now wish we would have met over 30 years ago.

Anyway, like Paul said.....cover all your bases and protect your interests

Latest posts