Lumbar Support

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnPenny Peluso

V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
Reaction score
Our 2007 with 1700 miles all of the sudden had a clunk. The Lumbar support fell apart in the drivers seat.

Dealer took it apart, found he needed parts, but they are on back order.

Has this been a problem with other owners?

Thats the way it is with first year, first off the line vehicles..they will knick knack you to death..

I have an early Job 2 - hopefully some of the "knick knacks" were fixed. Lumbar support still working but I'm still under 1000 miles.

2300 miles and no problems yet. I have a trip to Atlanta planned for the NEXTEL Cup race in October. Would like to have the lumbar working for the 9.5 hour trip....

The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago - 3500 miles. My dealer told me that they send it out, so plan on leaving it for the day. Haven't scheduled to take it in yet - can't go a day without it!

Maybe 500 miles on mine and the passenger side made a clunk noise, sounded like the cable came loose. Haven't taken it to the dealer yet, can't part with it just yet. Yes, there will be some knick knacking with the 07, but I still love the truck.

Sounds like the Lear Corporation has some explaining to do to Ford, who in-turn has some explaining to do to its customers.

Latest posts