lunch with my ford rep & 2010 taurus

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
met today with my new ford national fleet rep today. he is trying to gain back some of the biz lost when i switched over to toy.

it was a great day and he was very informative about the direction ford is going.

he mentioned that ford is trying to get to the level of customer satisfaction that toyota & honda has achieved. he did say it was a challenge and that both toy and honda have very impressive residual values.

first off he did mention (as we know) the sport trac will be history in 2011 unless there is some type of miracle. :(

the focus sales went thru the roof during the cash for clunkers and still continue very well. the fusion & escape is aslo doing very well. suv sales still off and they hope the new redeigned explorer will change that. another good seller is the edge. flex not doing as good as expected.

on a side note, there are 3,000 escape hybride taxi's in new york city :)

now the impressive model, the new taurus. i spent some time in a fully loaded awd limited taurus. the interior is top notch and the leather and seat comfort was up there with any import i have seen. the exterior design is very nice and it stickered for 39K. power was a little weak, but if you want spring for the SHO eco-boost for some serious acceleration. ford is targeting the lexus, infiniti, entry level bmw market with the new taurus. my question is using the taurus badge for a vehicle like this may not work. preception maybe is that people will think old taurus (the taurus was always a good vehicle imo), and not put into the targeted category. would i pay that for a new taurus, probably not, but still i thought ford did a real nice job on the 10 taurus.

i left with a small bag of ford goodies for the long isle meet :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
They will do fine with the new Taurus. The Mazda 6 is basically the same vehicle and see those on the road. The new SHO is a hot car and I may look into getting one down the road. I sat in the Taurus when I was at the dealer buying my STA and was very impressed.

Actually, the 2010 MY Taurus shares its platform with the Volvo S80. And the CD3 platform used on the Fusion, Milan & MKZ is an extended version of the Mazda 6.

Good post Gary. Do you have a lead regarding the actual sales figures of the ST in comparison to the "F" Series Trucks and Rangers?

I assume, the limited production of Trac's contributes to it's low sales numbers.

Seems almost doomed from the start in 2001. Any "insider" info? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
They will do fine with the new Taurus. The Mazda 6 is basically the same vehicle and see those on the road.

No, actually the Taurus is based off a Volvo sedan architecture. The Mazda6 shares a platform with the Fusion.

Latest posts