MAC for 2005 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Willey

Reaction score
FYI for all you with 2005s, I got this yesterday (03/20/2006) from Dave at EE:

Hi Joe,

Your 05 requires a replacement mass air meter housing. We are working on developing this part and it should be available soon. It will allow the 03 style MAC intake to be installed on your truck. Check back with us in around 30 days.

Thanks,

Dave Vanek

Explorer Express

What's wrong with the MAF on the '05? And why would EE be notifying you instead of Ford? Just wondering. I haven't seen the engine compartment of an '05 to see the difference between the '03 (mine) and the '05.

Hey have you ever heard the joke....last week I couldn't even spell mechanic and know I are one? The only reason it is spelled correctly in this post is because of spell check!:D

I believe the maf in the '05 are part of the air box. That's what i've seen on the later model rangers with the 4.0. Should be the same with the later tracs.

Maybe some one with an 05 St can post an under hood picture of the engine and Air intake setup??

Todd Z

Looks like the Mac will work fine...

I know on the 07 it is part of the airbox...

Chris how about a complete under hood shot? Of the entire engine?

Thanks

Todd Z

Yeah, EE is full of it, The mac will work perfectly on that....

I bet you they don't have any for sale, and they are just trying to prevent you from buying it some where else..

Todd Z

Bracket came with mine. Easy install. MAC Model no. 3606. Pics in my library. May need 2 large adjustable hose clamps to fit rubber adapter to MAF meter and back to throttle body, but they're inexpensive.

D-

I just installed the MAC on my '05 and it works/fits great. Like Deryck said, you'll just need some small hose clamps for the adapter. $1.25 at Autozone.

-Heather in OC