MagnaFlow Cat back on V8 Trac (sound/video clip)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bRAD Baltzer

Reaction score
Just in case ya'll haven't hear the Magnaflow cat back system on the 07 V8 ST.....choose the take off video from the link below and turn up the sound........even if you have already heard it.........once more can be very therapeutic after a hard day at work. /Brad

http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/trucksound/2007trac.html

Just ordered one from Hottexhaust.com $405.00 free shipping, Brad answered my email and had a glowing report. Info like that is what makes this site great.

Thanks to all, Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds sweet. My 05 mustang has no mufflers and it sound awesome at full throttle, but I could not hear anything inside when on the highway. I like being able to use my speakerphone on my ST, it's so dang quiet. It's always a compromise. Decisions, decisions...

brad, this was the only mod i was reluctent to do. i didn't wan't a repeat of the magnaflow on my 04 with the interior noise. i look at my 07 as more of a car like ride/sound, but from the sound clips i really like the tone of the V-8 magnaflow. but everyone who has one claims that interior noise is very minimal. so i ordered one and should have it installed in a week.

i can't wait to get it on, and if i feel it's to intrusive in the cabin, you might see it in the swap & sell !

thanks

Gary,

I hear you! I have had the same bad experience with obnoxious deep tones that give you a headache after 30 minutes of driving (Flow Masters). Interior sound level is minimal on the V8 MagnaFlow system.........not noticeable at freeway speeds or crusing. Make sure you follow the torque specs on the clamps with the set. Think it was 65 ft lbs. Good luck, and let us know how happy you are after installing it...../Brad

If it is too loud, you can always have a resonator welded in. They are straight through and wont rob performance..

Gary s., I can't wait to get your feedback on the Magnaflow exhaust. It sounds like I am looking for relatively the same thing that you are in regards to minimal cabin noise.

Is there anyone in the Dallas area with the Magnaflow exhaust installed on their V8 ST? I would love to hear one in person first......

I just had mine installed a week and a half ago and I think it is AWESOME!!! I compare it to the sound of a Mustang. I have no issue with interior noise either. I get cluster head-aches, and if you don't know what that is it is basically a permanent head-ache. If I find a day with no head-ache, it is odd. So for anyone worried about the sound on the inside, from a person with a constant head-ache, it is not an issue. ;)

Thanks Bootsy, that's what I want to hear. I'll probably order mine in the next 30 days although I'll probably just go with the muffler itself and save myself some $$.;)

Lil Red, I ordered mine from Hottexhaust.com$405.00 free freight. My mufflershop guy will install for 1 to 1.5 hrs of labor around $100.00. The muffler guy said I could buy it at about the same price as he could and he said he uses magnaflow mufflers for his custom stuff and likes their product. I get mine installed next week. Bill

I have had mine for a week and am currently on a long road trip, you can hear it drone a little inside when you are climbing a grade but on the flat you hear nothing, even when cruising at 70 MPH. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone with the V8. You should check out this website, Bootsy found it, and it has the lowest price I've seen. Shipping inside the US is free. The web site could be better when it comes to presenting their pricing. It says the retail price is $533.99, but you have to click on "add to cart" and then you will see the actual sale price of $359.

I have a Flowmaster with factory resonator and a glass pack right before the muffler. Its got a nice tone and is not loud in the cab. With labor it was 200 bones.

Yeah, it does sound great, but what about performance? I'm all for making a vehicle sound good as well as look good. And I'll be the first to admit, the 4.6 V8 is one of the best sounding engines on the market today with the right tune. But I hesitate to spend $400 on a setup just to make it sound better. Now if it also adds power...that's another matter altogether. I'm all over that!

Does anyone have any specs or an actual comparison dyno sheet?

tracstar

Ok. I did some digging on MagnaFlow's site. They post a 10/10 power gain. Looks good. But they refer to two different catback systems for the '07 ST with two different part #s: 16606 and 16679. What's the dif?

tracstar

Latest posts