Matching the correct pins on wiring harness

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hal keiner

Reaction score
I am installing an Alpine 9886 head unit in my 2002 ST. The below table shows how I think that the 16 pin base connector wires on the ST (inside the dash) should be matched to the Alpine harness (connected to the back of the Alpine head unit), using the wiring harness adapter I got from Crutchfield. Before I solder the Crutchfield and Alpine harnesses together and install the head unit in the dash, I thought I would first confirm that I have matched the pins/wires together correctly.

I realize that I also need to connect the separate 8 pin subwoofer ST harness to the Alpine head unit, but I am already clear on how to do that.

Particularly, I want to be sure that

A) The wires #2, 3, 4, & 16 on the ST harness do not need to be connected to anything

B) The wires #2, 3, & 4 on the Alpine harness do not need to be connected to anything.

Thanks in advance for any responses

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I can tell none of the wires listed need to be connect to anything. The only possible exception would be the alpine #3 if you have an external amp.