May be moving to an F-150 sooner then later

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Jimmy, since nobody else has done it yet:

:worthless:

:cheeky:

Congrats on the new truck!:haveabeer:

A quick ? if you don't mind. Did you price out a F150 with the eco Boost and if so what was the cost difference vs the 5.0? I suspect that Ford is getting a premium for the Eco Boost engine.

The Ecoboost is not available where I live yet. They are saying that it'll be available on Valentines Day.

Having Magnaflow dual exhaust (catback) installed late next week but the 5.0 L engine sounds pretty damn good stock.

TrainTrac, taking lots of picts this weekend - patience ma man, patience.

Went to the Houston Autoshow, signed up for the $50 gift certificate to test drive something, went and drove a Focus, and talked with the salesman about the new F150's with the ecoboost. He said they don't have any for sale yet, but the Ford rep came through recently with a couple, and he was impressed. More power than the 5.0, and something like 28mpg highway. How can you get 28mpg highway out of an F150 brick?

More power than the 5.0, and something like 28mpg highway. How can you get 28mpg highway out of an F150 brick?

Actually, the Ecoboost gas mileage is rated 16/22 - 18 ave. It has something like 420 torque where the 5.0 L has 380.

It's definitely a beast but I agree with l1tech, it's a very new engine - so...

Do those quads fit inside that trailer? not side by side?

I had the chance to demo the Ecoboost and boy does that thing have power. Its like a buick grand national power wise it just pulls.

Yea - two ATVs fit inside - one in front of the other and I still have about 1 1/2 feet in back.

Here's a few pictures...

[Broken External Image]:

Friday night - loaded with everything and ready to go riding in the morning.

[Broken External Image]:

Two ATVs loaded inside on top of tarps. 1st time loading them.

[Broken External Image]:

Sunday around 11:00am on the way back home from camping and riding. Stopped to get some ice. Gotta get home to watch the Super Bowl!

My neighbors think I won the lottery - New camper and new truck within 2 weeks. LOL.

I'm not, truth is that the total additional monthly cost for everything including the insurance is around $60.00 / month. I was already making payments on the old camper and Sport Trac. We LOVE camping and riding ATVs so this was a natural progression for us!

More picts to come when I download from my camera. The ones above were taken from my cell phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice set up. We have the open platform Wolfpack for our atv sitting outside up front on the deck.

They make a nice trailer for the money we had been happy woth ours.

Latest posts