McDonalds Disclaimer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only WISH this sign were true and that there were a McDonald's out there that had the "b*lls" to tell its customers what they need to hear.

My two sons have both worked at McDonald's and I am convinced that the civility and the intelligence of the average customer in America is on the decline in this country the past decade or so. The stories they tell.

I'd have lost my job at least twice if I were either of them. I'm polite, and I've had many jobs where I've had to provide customer service, but I refuse to be insulted (my intelligence or directly) and some customers are just, plain and simple, a$$holes. (sorry for the language).

From people trying to save a buck by lying about the food they were served, to those that complain about the service when the workers are just doing their job, I would probably have told somebody off long ago.

The funniest of late was a mom who wanted her entire order free because her 4 piece chicken nugget meal came with 5 nuggets in it and her "child simply cannot eat that much!". The funny thing is, she has pulled this one before...many times, so the last time a manager counted the nuggets, marked the bottom of the box to make sure that was the one the lady got served, and then when she complained after eating her meal (as they have found her to do), he simply took the complaint, told her that since they gave her extra there would be no refund, and didn't call her a liar. I would have called her a liar and told her never to return....but that's what's wrong, I guess. No employee in a frachize is empowered to do such things.

Argh!

Yes, McDonald's is a fine place to eat. Most are clean, most have good service, and the menu is diverse enough that you an eat healthy if you choose. Too bad it is still a magnet for certain scumbag customers!!!!

TJR

TJR,

I agree with your assessment of McDonald's restaurants and some of the A-hole customers that feel that because the food is cheap, that the employees are there for their amusement of abuse.

Much of this negative image is not coming from McDonalds, but from the individual franchise owners. The owner must set the tone and empower his people to make the customer happy but also not allow A-hole customers to abuse his employees.

I once worked for employer who empowered every employee to make an irate customer happy even if it meant that they did not charge the customer for small items, or gave them a discount for their inconvenience on larger items. This only applied to customers who seemed especially irate because they got poor service, or were inconvenienced or excessively delayed. That does wonders to disarm irate customers, even when they are blowing things way out of proportions.

McDonalds, and Walmart could do a lot to improve their customer relations if they empowred their employees to "Make the customer happy", even if the company looses a dollar or two. A dissatisfied customer will tell their friends and the company's reputation suffers and they usually loses much more money in the long run.

...Rich

Richard L, I agree. It would be great if certain retailers and food establishments empowered their employees with ways of satisfying customers with legit issues in a more fulfilling manner. But, to me, I see an even worse problem as I described. We need more employees that are empowered with a "and don't let the door hit you on the way out" set of powers to show certain customers the curb, even if that means the store/establishment loses a dollar or a customer. I'd rather shop/dine MORE FREQUENTLY at such places just not to have to be part of that crowd.

TJR

TJR,

I agree, and I have encountered a very few places who do not allow customers t abuse their employees... Most do not allow employees to tell the customer to take a hike, since I think that is where management needs to step in and tell customers that they have no right to be abusive, threatening, or insulting to their employees and to take their business elsewhere.

I think a conspicuous sign along these lines:

"MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANY CUSTOMER. IF YOU ARE INTOXICATED, ABUSIVE, VIOLENT, OR APPEAR TO PRESENT A THREAT, YOU WILL NOT BE SERVED AND WILL BE DIRECTED BY MANAGEMENT TO LEAVE THE PREMISIS".

"Our employees are required to respect every customer and provide the best possible service they can. They are empowered by management to quickly resolve most problems to the benefit of the customer. This does not give the customer the right to be abusive or insulting to our employees. If you have a complaint or issues with an employee or the service you received here, please ask to see the manager immediately.

...Rich

Latest posts