Mobile 1 Synthetic

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Mouser

Reaction score
just replaced the oil in my 2001 ST/ Job 1 with Mobile 1 Synthetic 10w30 over the weekend...good for about 5,000 miles....the benefit is I haven't heard the timing chain rattle since I changed the oil, I hope it stays that way!!! Also notice less vibration in the engine.

We usually recommend a 7,000/7 month replacment interval on the synthetic...at least that's we we put on the oil change reminder stickers at work.

Mobil 1 is good stuff.

Mobil (no 'e' on end) 1 is a fine product. Don't expect any improvement in mpg, but a slightly smoother running motor with easier cold-morning startups.

I use Mobil-1 5w20 in my 2003 Sport Trac and my wife's Saturn Ion. I also used it in my old Sport Trac and never had a problem/

With Mobil-1, I usually change oil every 5000 miles but I don't have to worry if I don;t get around to it until it hits the 6000 or 7000 mile mark.

...Rich

I have had very good success with Mobil-1. In every case I have seen a slight increase in MPG.

Worth every penny if for not other reason than I do not have to stop to get my oil changed so often..

Heck, just because of an unexpected, long trip, went 7K miles between changes using Motorcraft blend. Dipstick still showed full and oil still had enough cleaning ability to clean grease off my hands. I usually change every 5K as recommended for my 04. Tried different full syns and found no mpg benefit over the Motorcraft which costs half as much as full syn. I really wish someone would do an independent test of the blends and full syns and publish results.

I have a '94 Explorer Sport and have used Mobil 1 since about 35000 miles. I should roll over 220,000 sometime in the next few weeks! I change the oil every 10000 miles and add a quart at about 5000 miles and have never had any problems from the engine. I also consistently get 22 MPG which is at the top of the range for a manual (17-22). I can only hope that the Sport Trac I plan to order later this year is as good as the Explorer has been.