Modified 01 Job 1 Throttle body....( aluminum Not plastic)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I have 1 Core (01 JOB 1 ONLY !! the aluminum throttle body) that I want to send out with the rest of them. Does any one with an 01 job 1 want this????

There are 2 ways you can mod, thats why I don't want to mail it out and get the wrong mod done..

Basic mod $135.00 Shipped USA includes new gasket

FULL mod $235.00 Shipped USA includes new gasket

Let me know...

Thanks

Todd Z

Hey Todd I have an 01 Job 1 trac....what is the difference between the two..i really don't have the cash on hand but am interested in it....gotta pay the credit card down before buy anything else....thanks

I believe the difference is that the later models have a form of plastic throttle body and the modifications are limited to a reduced throttle plate rod and low profile bolts that attach the plate to the rod. The '01 Job 1, with the aluminum throttle body, is bored from 65mm to 68mm (~4% more area) in addition to the reduced throttle plate rod and low profile bolts.

It's one of those mods that provide modest gains, but combined with others (cold air intake, exhaust) can make a nice improvement.

Sooo, what are the levels of modification for the Throttle Body?

Basic?

Full?

Job 1?

Job 2?

01?

02/

03 - 05?

:wacko::wacko::wacko:?

And so, Todd, what are the options for my '03?

Take a look at the project submitted by Jeff C on installing the upgraded throttle body. The pictures at the end show the difference made in the basic mod. That's what is possible with '01 Job2 thru '05. The '01 Job 1, like Yardsale said are aluminum and can be bored out also. That would be the full mod. Basic would be where with thinner throttle plate rod and low profile bolts. Just thought the picture might help. Please correct me if I'm wrong about this Todd.

Chet

Todd,

Are you saying this core is about to be sent out for boring and will then be modified with the new throttle plate? If so, will this aluminum TB from an '01 Job 1 fit an '02? I'd be very interested if it would.

I think the intakes are different as well, the Job 1 uses an aluminum intake, Job 2 and later plastic (going off memory, probably wrong), so the Job 1 TB wouldn't work on later models. Although I don't know why you couldn't use an adapter plate.

Todd,

Just bumping this back to the top.

I'm interested in the aluminum TB mod if there is a way to mount it to the Job 2 models.

Eric,

Nope. They are 2 different animals...

Both have Plastic upper intakes, BUT the throttle plates and bodies are different... The IAC on the job 2 and up gets it's air from the intake tube thus the big hole on top of the plastic body, THE job 1 uses an inlet port some where else....

You could machine an adapter, BUT these will flow way more that the v6 ever will pull.. The stock v6 pulls just under 600 CFM at 6500 rpm... The stock tb flowed around 580CFM and the modded ones are 607 or so... A good 27 cfm difference... AND flowing that much will flow more than a 70MM throttle body...

Todd Z