Modified Throttle body !!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Ok, Been working on this for a while. I tried to see if any one was going to make 70MM tb for our st, but the intake is only 65MM So that will not work... Unless you want to machine out your intake and hope there is enough plastic to make it bigger, this is about the ONLY thing you can do do get more flow through the throttle body..

I had a place machine the shaft thinner, replace the screws and clean the edge of the throttle plate...

On a home made flow bench my buddy has, we got 18 cfm more air flow.

On the truck I got about 1 psi change at WOT. The throttle response is much different.

I also recommend a new gasket at a whole $5.00 from ford.

Installed it with the throttle body spacer, then took the spacer off..

SO if any one wants a used Throttle body spacer let me know.

Doing this also got rid of the intake whistle, SO there is the culprit of it.

I Hope to get pricing from the shop as to what it would cost members here to get this done..

I will keep you posted.

Here is a PIC of before

[Broken External Image]:

BEFORE

[Broken External Image]:

AFTER

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Todd z

Last edited by a moderator:
umm? Are you really sure you want to install the spacer????.

Todd Z

Chris,

It looks nice and red under the hood, and takes about 1/2 hour of your time to install, then gives you the right to post pics like the one below...

OHH as far as performance on a fuel injected ST... NOTHING !!! :):eek:

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

You know what's funny.. my boyfriend's brother is a certified GM tech, and drives Ford trucks. Ok, that's not the funny part - but what IS funny, is that he has alot of those "do nothing" gizmos installed on a Ranger that he sold his brother. Of them, the spacer -and- the little magnetic gizmo that you install inline with the fuel line.

You'd think someone who is a paid tech would know better.