mods

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy reilly

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out my next mod. I have about $400 to spend. I already have flowmaster and the Nocturnal intake tube. I was thinking about the SCT Xcal or a Zabteck throttle body.

I will gladly sell you a TB, But if you want bang for the buck and since the TB is after the MAF and will not need a new tune after it is installed, I say get the Xcal......

I also may have some used TB's for the v8 for sale so use the larger amount for the Xcal..

Todd Z

Billy, go with the XCal III. I've done other stuff as well but the XCal will really wake up the motor, especially the 93 octane performance tune. Contact Torrie at Unleashed Tuning, tell him what you got and he'll write the tunes(you'll get 3 tunes) After that, all I could say was "woo hoo" why did I wait so long to do this!! Bob :cool:

I've done most of the easy self-bolt ons and the SCT tune on a 93 octane map was the single best.

The exhaust doesn't cost that much to delete the resonator and throw on a Magnaflow or Flowmaster. That sounds awesome and it's my fav mod in terms of fun factor.

I'm pretty sure I'll go for the SCT Tune. Does anybody know if there is a green drop in filter for the stock airbox or another option for better then stock filter. I put on the Nocturnal tube and modified the airbox for better flow(removed baffle and drilled hole in grill) but still want to upgrade the filter. Thanks for everyone input. Todd I'll probably take you up on the TB at a later date.

K&N makes a drop in replacement filter. About $55, check out your local auto parts store(autozone,advanced, etc) They can probably order it for you. I spent the $250 on a CAI kit for an '08 Explorer from K&N and it fits right in. Good luck, Bob

I've had K&N in the past. I was looking for an oil less filter, if there is a good option out there. Would it be better to use a drop in or remove the airbox and use a cone filter???

FireTrac.....I hav ebeen trying to get GreenFiltersUSA to make a drop-in filter for soem time now, NO LUCK! grrrrrr

I woudl HIGHLY suggest going with the SCT Tuner....

FastPartsNetwork

VMPTuning (<---where Adrnlrush and I got ours done :cool: )

Brenspeed

+ more

SCT Xcal for the 4.6L 3v V8 now has transmission support, for firmer shifts. Torrie at Unleashed revised my custom tunes - huge improvement. SCT Tuner is the way to go after intake & exhaust.

I'm getting close on going with the Drive By Wire TB from Todd Z next...