Moisture in lamps

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
My headlights accumulate moisture in them during heavy rain and a corner lamp bulb has begun to crack and peel its amber film. There is a TSB on using some kind of sealant/silicone to fix this issue. I'd like to perform this fix myself but I don't know what kind of product to use. I'd appreciate your folks' help!

Also while I'm at it, what are the replacement bulb #s for the corner lamps? The headlights are 9007, right?

Thanks in advance...

Replacement bulbs are 3157. I like the Silverstars for blinkers because of the bluish/orange look they give.

Ford used to replace the lights, NOW they take Ultra Grey silicone and run it around the lights...

YOU could bake them open and re silicone them, but it is easier to silly cone the outside..

Todd Z

I had the same problem.

Go to a local parts store, and get a clear silicon and just bead it along the seal of the lamps. and kinda push in the silicon with your finger to make sure you get a clean seal.

worked for me, i applied 2 coats, then i found out i could get a lamp for free cuz i was under warranty.

You have two vents on the topside of the headlgts, remove the grey caps, is not a matter of water getting into the housing, that cant happen as they are sealed.

The heat of the bulb is causing condensate, the condensate needs to get out via a vent.

Bill,

There have been many failed seals with headlights and corner lights...

My drivers corner was bad as you washed the truck you could watch the light housing fill up...

Todd Z

Latest posts