Monitor suggestions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Grumpy

Reaction score
Hi all,

my monitor keeps going blank (black). If I turn it off (the monitor itself) and back on it works again for about 30 seconds. It's about 4 1/2 years old, 15 inch flat screen LCD. How long do these things typically last? Suggestions on brand name for a new one?

thanks

grump :(

I'm running dual Sony HDM-HS73 flat panels off a Wildcat 4210 and I'm happy with them.

I got them refurbished from Sony at about $210 each about a year ago and I think they're worth every penny, no reason to buy anything bigger for home use IMHO.

We also got one for my wife's office (slightly different mode) from Ubid.com for $250 shipped

Last edited by a moderator:
The backlight is probably failing. The flourescent backlight in LCD displays has a finite life. You can extend the life of the backlight by turning down the brightness as much as possible. You could try to have the display fixed, but it would probably be cheaper to upgrade to a larger one. I have a Dell 2001FP 20.1" display and love it. Dell has them for $534 right now.

i will have a 20" samsung SyncMaster 204T new for sale most likley monday i will sell to a member here at a good price.$350 includes shipping in the lower 48 us via fedex ground link is for product info

I bought a great Samsung 17" LCD a couple months back, got it from NewEgg with free shipping and a price drop. I got this one because it was the most well reviewed at the time, at it was on sale for $229 at that time:

I've been using a Dell Flat Panel Model 1702FP for almost three years. Picture is perfect, and the monitor has been trouble-free. I bought it refurbished from Tiger Direct when I was in Korea.

Latest posts