More Help for fixing my ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Reese

Reaction score
My truck is coming along right now I am focusing on cruise controls my buttons no longer work after the airbag went off. I am thinking of just getting a new aftermarket wheel all together so I don't have to make a dummy bag for my wheel. So I would like input on ideas of replacing the cruise and moving it off the wheel. I was looking at summit and found this:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?CP=1&part=RPC-250-3592&N=700%200&Ntt=RPC~250~3032%20or%20RPC~250~3592&Ntk=&rsview=sku&Ns=

Would something like that work? If so can someone point me in the right direction on how to wire it properly? Thanks for all advise on this endeavor!

For your and your passengers sake put the bags back. They can save your face if not your life! They can be had reasonably from eBay. I've bought many sets there. I just gave $104 for a nice set of gray bags. I still need the module though. You can get it reset for $55 from an online specialty company. If your cruise isn't working, probable cause would be the clockspring under the steering wheel.

Yeah I've been watching ebay... The clockspring was my first guess but the turning signals still turn themselves off. I think the panel for the horn might be damaged and that might have messed with the cruise control.

When mine blew it killed the cruise buttons and the black plastic pieces on the wheel.:(

bb25de42da795ac99faed0631bc5ed55.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks for the help and the picture I prolly need to order a new clock spring. Either way I still am looking for an aftermarket rerouting of my cruise controls. I've seen it done to show cars i'm not sure if I can find one that is compatible with the stock cruise on the ST.