More Mileage for the Gullible

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Guy

Reaction score
The story on page 107 of the September 2005 issue of Popular Mechanics says it all... not only don't these devices not work... they can really hurt performance!

... fuel saver fuel optimiser jc whitney.. heartlandamercia.com $22

Intake twister ebay $20

Tornado Fuel Saver $ 70

Electronic Engine Ionizer $80

Fuel Atomizer 2000 $200

AquaTune $399

None of these do anything to help mileage and most hurt performance!

:blink:

I dont know, i was thinking about getting one of these babies, couldnt hurt right lol :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually using all the devices together doesn't help gas mileage but does create a "force field".

Not trying to pick fault - I just found it humorous...

not only don't these devices not work

Two negs make a pos? Must be good for 50 MPG with all of 'em :D

I will bet that someone has tried 'em all.

grump

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically speaking, it's supposed to be 1.21 GIGAWATT.... or 1.21x10^9 or 1,210,000,000 watts (that's a Billion BTW)....

At 12V DC (such as in the ST) that would be approximately 100,833,333 Amps... Issac Newton be damned!

At 120V AC (such as in your home) that would be approximately 11,724,806.2 Amps (witha a power factor assumption of .86)....

This would require wire guage of huge proportions as the largest guage that I have data on only goes to 1,560 Amps, or about .0133% of that....

1.21 Gigawatts is a power (especially DC such as lightning) that would be nearly unmanageable....

Sorry to ruin a good movie with facts.... and a thread with a correction....

Latest posts