Mount a rifle case under the back seat?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben beethe

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has mounted a rifle case or a rifle under the back seat? I was thinking about using a rifle case that opens from the end and fastening it under the back seat.

Any ideas?

Could work, you would lose the fold down option.

Can you just mount a rack on the top part of the back panel behind the seat??.

Do not know what your plans are, IF leaving in the vehicle and stuff...

Todd Z

Jettman,

I carry mine under the back seat all the time. I have a soft case that opens on the end and it is fairly easy to pull it out on a moments notice. The case fits tight under the seat and does not require any mounting. I thought that passengers in the back would put pressure on it but they do not. You cannot fold the seat down before you remove the gun. Rod

Rod, that is a good idea. Where did you get your case? I was thinking about a hard case under the seat but maybe a soft one will work. So it doesn't move around at all?

I just leave my rifle and shotgun on the back seat in its case.

Tom

p.s. Piss on local laws. I don't feel the state should be allowed to create laws on guns that are made legal by the constitutuion.

I've been thinking about a rack on the left side of the cargo bed. Possibly mounting a soft case to the bedside over the wheel hump.

jettman, look at my recent project for the truck organizer behind the rear seat. That thing has a scabbard/pouch for a rifle. I don't think a bolt gun or an type of semi-auto with a bolt protrusion would fit, but I am fairly certain a flat levergun like a Win or Marlin carbine would fit.

www.truckvault.com........you can get them in a variety of configurations. I haul my guns all over the country and they're safe & secure & dry!

I used the same kind of organizer that Rich did a project in my old F-150 and it kept a Remington 870 pump, very handy;)

Y'all have a good one

Bob

P.S.. there is something about a pump that give the bad guys the *hives*

Caymen, what do you mean by that? I believe Q was refering to laws regarding transporting of weapons. The last thing you want to do is get pulled over and be way outside the law and risk spooking the officer. I'm not trying to be a smartarse, just thinking safety here. The state makes the lows that the local jurisdictions have to abide by.

I agree with Caymen. Local laws trying to limit the constitutional right to carry arms are silly at best, and probalby unconstitutional at worst.

Everyone around here carries a weapon under their seat or in their glovebox. I never hear of law-abiding citizens getting busted for carrying a concealed weapon. That is just a law to add another charge to a criminal's list.

If the liberals who hate our country don't like it, they are free to go live somewhere else.

Caymen.... we agree on somethings after all...

I usually keep anywhere from 2-4 of my longs guns in either Wal-Mart hardside cases ($12 locally) or in either soft cases or gunny (burlap) sacks. They fit on the floorboards neatly in the backseat when I hit the range. The crates of ammo and the ammo cans all get to ride in the bed.

longarm,

I think my statement is pretty much cut and dry. No local government, no matter what the reasoning, should be allowed to make a law on guns. Guns are protected by the constitution and no state should have the athority to govern. Gun laws punish the law abiding citizans. Crooks, scum, and theves do not abide by gun laws. You honestly think someone wanting to rob a bank is going to wirry about the proper way to transport a gun?

The only people that are punished by gun laws are ones like myself. I would never think of pointing a gun at a police officer, just the same as pointing it at any other human being.

Limiting guns is another step in getting control. Red light/speed camera's, camera's in public places not used by the owner of the establishment, gun control, and liquor control are all means to control the population and limit our freedoms. As long as we stand back and let it happen, the government is going to keep taking all they can until they have full control of our lives.

What type of government is it when the government has full control of our lives?

Tom

Caymen,

Your points are right on. I think I misspoke or was misunderstood. I was speaking of laws regarding transporting of firearms. Especially long guns. I wouldn't want that weapon visable in the back seat. I know you would never point a weapon a t a cop, I'm sorry if it came out that way. If someone has a CCW, then I will know it before I even get to the car window, it will show up when I run your plate. The only thing I am speaking of is people that sometimes get real nervous when getting pulled over and may make a furtive gesture. Those are the type of people who usually get a gun screwed in their ear. Thats because our pucker factor went WAY UP. You are right on the money about law abiding citizens being punished by the law breaking criminal. Same as what you said about traffic cameras. I don't agree with them. BTW, they make a spray you can apply over your plate to defeat that. I don't know if it works or not, but it sounds good. The government should never have too much control. Thats what the Civil War was all about, States Rights.

Yeah, there should be no laws or regulations of any kind on guns.

For that matter, I think they should have vending machines that spit out guns and ammo, and why not put these vending machines in schools? Let people carry their guns however they want; strapped to a motorcycle's saddlebacks left parked in a parking lot for kids to play with seems fine to me.

Any regulation simply gets in the way of the legit owners, who all absolutely need to have a gun when they want it, and use it and keep it and transport it the way they want to. Why not?

Regulations are unconstitutional! The Constitution also gives us free speech. As such I should be able to say anything, anytime I want, any way I want, no matter what, without any responsiblity for my speech.

TJR

Nice piece Muddy.... WASR or real thing? Kit built or purchased? Looks to be a Romanian in x39....

Longarm-

If I have a weapon in my car and I was pulled over, I most definately would make the weapon visable and also be visually unloaded. It would more than likely be a bad thing to be searched and find a loaded handgun in the car and not have a CCW. It's not illegal to have a weapon visable. At least where I live.

Just my $.02...

Latest posts