Moving to Seattle ... Question about Cargo Cage Placement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy VanNess

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well, we have decided to move across the country. Currently living in Virginia and moving all the way to Seattle, WA. Should be fun, we are moving at the end of June and plan on getting there the first week of July after a brief stop in Minneapolis. We have a moving company, but will be taking alot of stuff in both her car and the ST. I did have a question about the cargo cage. I was wondering if there was a way to place the cargo cage so that it is not hooked up to the hinges and sits in a place where it doesn't interfere with larger items. This way giving you the most bed space available. I have the A.R.E. hard bed cover, so I have no idea if it can be done. I don't want to run the risk of having the cage unfolded and tied down with bungee cords and having somebody go through everything at a hotel or something during the road trip. Thanks for any suggestions.

Tommy

:D

EDIT: Changed title, didn't sound right

Last edited by a moderator:
So you want to have your tailgate closed? Just disconnect the cage and load it in the bed first.

Sometimes when I have my cage with me and I need to carry something in the bed where the cage would interfere, I unlatch it and place it inside the cab!

The cargo cage is removable. Look in your owners manual for detailed instructions on how to remove it, but it is a simple procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's removable and fits nicely in the back seat when I don't want it in the bed. Don't forget to loosen to anti-theft screws so you can pull the clips.

Yeah, I get all that, but the cab (back seat) is also going to be packed as well. I was wondering about placing it in the bed under the bed cover. I have tried it before but have a problem with it leaning on the wheel wells and not being able to close the bed cover.