Muffler question on lawn mower

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Booker T

Reaction score
For those engine experts or tinkers, I need to change my muffler on a riding lawnmower. Can I put a muffler on without doing anything else?

I know you have to jet a motorcycle, but never replaced a lawnmower. It is going stock to stock.

I've never done anything else other than just change it. Lawnmower engines are not highly tuned, as far as I know. I've known people who NEVER change the muffler, even when all that's left is a piece of rusty sheetmetal hanging off a rusty pipe!

When I order the muffler, shall I expect to have all the mounting hardware with it or should I be looking for that as a separate part?

Where are you ordering the part from? If you order from Sears' web site, you can pull up a full parts list and parts diagram to see exactly what you need. You'll get your part from Sears in about a week. Just plug in the model number of your mower and you should find the info you need.

It is a Toro so I found a place that has everything for it and ordered some stuff earlier for it. I know they do a pretty good job of listing the exact parts so I'll try their site.

Thanks to everyone for the help.:D

Here is the place i use...

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/

Depending on the style muffler, whether it bolts on or threads directly into the head...

If it threads in, nothing else is needed, IF it bolts on, you have to buy the hard wear and gasket separately..

Todd Z

Latest posts