my 2 chevys.....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorgie Hidalgo

Reaction score
decided to post some pics of the babies (sorry about the pic sizes some might be pretty big :blink: )... '69 Camaro SS/ '71 Corvette Stingray

b6a1dd5c613dd45c5fcdc7b7d294c2ba.jpg

9cd0c4e8361639b0580652c77f98c4d3.jpg

9c49d36ec94b78fc0994ea5007b2f8d2.jpg

7150767c5a4a58e37262e464d8dbf3e3.jpg

ill post more pics some other day cause my wireless right now is being ridiculous....

Last edited by a moderator:
Great cars, they were the best of the best, bought my 454 SS chevelle in 69 new, sold it in 83, got what i paid for it ,8 grand, is now worth at least 10 times that:(

cayman you have never owned a car that even can come close to the old chevy SSs

Nor any car of that caliber.

cayman you have never owned a car that even can come close to the old chevy SSs

Nor any car of that caliber.

I have never owned anything like that, but my family has and I had the opportunity to drive it.

Nothing as amazing as a 1969 454 SS Chevelle.

This was just a lowly 1969 Boss 429. Sold last year for $350,000. I mean, nothing like a 454 Chevelle SS. Bill, please grow up. I know you are not 12.

Tom

Pics of your Boss pls caymen, the one you sold for $350,000, at barretts last year. was there, bid that car up to 275, wishing you had the mentallety of a 12 yr old tom.

Someday Tom, you may own a real car:)

Pics of your Boss pls caymen,

Sorry, I missed the part where I said I owned it.

the one you sold for $350,000

I sold it? When did I sell it?

at barretts last year. was there, bid that car up to 275,

Don't care what Barretts sold one, or had bids for. This was all original with only a few thousand miles on it.

wishing you had the mentallety of a 12 yr old tom.

Would that enable me to talk to your level?:lol:;)

Someday Tom, you may own a real car:)

You must have one of those special computers that displays things only you can see. When did I say the guys Chevy's are not real cars?

I did say that they "Look nice...for Chevy's". I guess that says I did not like them and I did not think they were nice. Good grief. Let it go dude! You should not be this bitter.

Tom

Nice lookin rides Jorgie. Wish I still had my '65 Chevy Impalla SS or even a few pix of her. Blue ext. and all white n chrome on the inside. US Mag wheels (were popular back then) and dual 15" glasspacks.

Used to race her on Whittier Blvd in So. Cal which was the big hang-out on the weekends. I blew the engine one night racing a friends GTO on the San Diego Fwy about 1:30 in the morning. Ended up selling her for about 500 bucks "As Is" :(

I kick myself daily for selling my '73 Stingray about 6 years ago. The price has skyrocketed on them since I sold it, I can't find a decent one for less than 10 grand or so, I sold mine for half that. I was young, had a new baby, was trying to buy a house, and a guy knocked on my door and asked if it was for sale, said he had cash...... if only I hadn't backed it out of the garage that day to do some spring cleaning.....:(:angry:

My dad had a 69 Dodge Dart Swinger,

during his mid life crisis after one of his stints in 'Nam...

Wish I had that car.

he didn't keep it long,

I remember going down the 101

about 120 or so.

oh and you kids knock it off and go to bed!:lol:

You sure that is a 69 SS?

I thought they had cowl induction hood and 396. Rockcrusher made it all better.

As for Boss Mustang... (yawn), they remind me of the Maverick or an old Murcury Comet.

The 350 is standard for the SS with the 396 being optional.

Sounds like someone never owned a real car either. He He.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd give my left nut for that Camaro! Seriously Bigjorgiee, if you need a left nut, let me know!

The closest I've ever come to having a "real car" are the following few examples:

1974 Mustang II Coupe 2.3 litre automatic

1974 Camaro 305 3-speed manual on the floor

1974 Fiat X1/9

1981 MG Midget

1967 Impala 283 Slip-and-Slide PowerGlide

No, I have never had a real car.

A buddy had a '69 SS Camaro with the 396, steel cowl induction hood, 4-speed Muncie RockCrusher, 4.11 posi, and a fold-down rear seat. That car was a SCREAMER (but hold on and pray during turns and stopping). His brother had a '68 Mercury ex highway patrol car that was another screamer (Don't know what was in it). I have seen the "certified" speedometer read 130 MPH, but also prayed very loudly at turns and stopping.

Latest posts