My Balljoint project officially uploaded!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the hits this site receives in a day Vs. the posts count, I am sure it was viewed by many...

Todd Z

I get 4.2 MB per hour data transfer rate.

I had 20 views on it so far...according to yahoo....

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
The big advantage of having the project in PDF format (for me anyways) would be if you wanted to print just one or two pages (or maybe a picture). The PDF format allows that while if you print the html version, you would all the pages, even if you didn't want all of them.

Uncle_Bob, You can Select what you want to print from html. Just right click the pic you want or highlight what you want and print selection.

I looked at both formats. Tom's pics are sharper and the html pages scroll smoother. I have the adobe 8 reader. I dont like the way it came out in pdf. Also the pdf format loads slower and have broad band. The guys on dialup are gonna be slow loading in pdf.

Original link isn't working for me but I see it just fine in the 'projects' section.

Sweet, and thanks!

Did I read elsewhere that that is a regular Explorer? Also, what shape were the original ball joints in? How many miles on them?

Trac_511

Yes, this a 2000 Explorer XLT 4x4. The orin=ginal ball joints were failing, but not dead. Winter is here and I prefer to do stuff like that at 30 degree weather than 0 degree weather so I replaced them as soon as I noticed problems with them.

How many miles were on those joints? I am guessing they were OE. If they were OE, 150,000 miles. We got it used with 136,000 miles.

David, exactly why I like HTML based over Adobe. The Adobe is blury.

If you also look, you will notice that many of their projects submissions are in HTML format.

Simplicity to update makes it difficult for the user.

Tom

Caymen,

This really is a good writeup.

The only tool list I would need for a project like this, would be for special tools designed specifically for the job at hand. In this case, a ball joint press (which you mentioned), etc. I don't think you should have to list every wrench and screwdriver you used on the whole project.

Whenever I do a project like this, I always have the Ford Service Manual with me for torque settings and such. It's really helpful to also have a document written by a real person, side-by-side with the manual, to point out the places where you might have trouble with certain things. Plus, good photographs are much easier to understand than the sketches in the service manual.

I have to agree that HTML provides much clearer pictures than Adobe. Big difference.

Latest posts