My first mods

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron N

Reaction score
Well as Greg g said in my thread, my new to me truck,let the mods begin,I first washed and waxed the st,then installed the chrome nerf bars, cleaned the engine,painted the beauty cover over the intake and waxed the windows. Got the idea of painting the beauty cover from Jim D,Great idea. Changed the oil over to amsoil synthetic, checked the gas milage on the first 3 or 4 gallons used in town,getting 15 mpg as well, will see what the gas milage is on the highway today. Ron

Good luck with your new ST. Seriously consider an XCal 2 from Wayne Foy as one of your mods. You will get better performance and gas mileage plus great service. Looks good!!:cool:

Thanks all. Griff5 it is made by plasti-kote and the code is 311 blue metal flake. Dave I plan on buying the xcal as soon as I can. Rodger I plan on converting to synthetic on everything,but I think that I better wait til I have had the ST for more than a week or I might be in trouble.;)

Last edited by a moderator: