My ST is dead...again!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tig OBit

Reaction score
My ST would not start a few weeks ago. Everything worked, exept the truck would not start. When I turned the key it didn't crank, nothing. Put in a new battery, still nothing. Took it in to the dealership and they fixed it. Said it was corroded wires in the fusebox. Went out this morning and got the same thing. 2002 with 32k miles. Getting towed back to the dealership now. WTF?

Sorry to hear that. Maybe they'll get it this time. Sounds like it could be a number of things from a loose wire at the starter to a dead spot on the starter. Wish you luck that the boneheads will get it this time.;)

If you leave the door open and pay very close attention, can you hear a single click when you turn the key ? Going on top of my head here, but if you have juice from the battery and you can hear that click, then current is making it to the starter solenoid, but the spring might be too week or you have a bad starter all together. Do you have any non-factory wiring like a remote starter and stuff like that ?

What does the theft light do when it does not start??... Could be something with that.

Hopefully the dealer fixes it right this time..

Todd Z

Well thats good to know, BUT can they prove they cleaned the corrosion the first time??. Only if it cost you money..

Todd Z