My wife thinks I am a nutcase

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill,

Ya you are nuts. You can program your Blackberry to monitor your raingauges. Just think of it as a very large fishing boat, and go on the cruise. There's no wild turkeys, and you can shoot skeet off the boat too. The only cruise that I'd take is the Alaskan inland passage.

Eddie,

That is Wallnetto.

Roger, have not a clue about blackberrys other than what we used to pic and eat as kids.

My cell phone is 15 yrs old, still works tho.

Not long after I got married, I told the wife I was going out to wash her car. An hour later she came out to see what I was still doing. Car was washed and dried but I had it jacked up in the process of taking the tires off to scrub the backside of the tires with Bleache-White and Armor All and clean the backside of the aluminum wheels.

"What are you doing?" :blink:

"Well, they were dirty. Gotta clean 'em."

Another time I changed the oil and filter in a rental car I had when mine was in the body shop after getting hit (while parked). The oil was dirty and I felt bad for it.

don't blame you for not going on a cruise, if you don't want to do a cruise, don't do it, been on one week long cruise, too long for me, maybe a 3 day cruise, but not 7 days. Enjoy the peace and quiet, they will probably have a grand time as well

i fully understand your o.c.d.

also 3 weeks is a long time for a cruise.

go on a week cruise and take some xanax, the car will be fine :)

Call me nuts

I love the wife, is a great lady, Like I said, been wedded for 30 yrs, we get along.

The G.F. is 46 (still a Hottie) she says, lets go take the Roush to Vegas for a week, Shes loaded, will stay at the ballagio, on her, all meals inc.Plus gas.

Whats a guy to do, disclaimer as this is a family site: we will be staying in separate rooms;)

There is no way I'm gonna be stuck on no boat for 3 freaking weeks, those are the nut cases.

You're not stuck on the boat, you arrive in a different port everyday. Going to Greece, Italy & France and touring the countries is very exciting and interesting. And although 3 weeks sounds like a long time, I've done it for 2 weeks and it was great.

Whats a guy to do, disclaimer as this is a family site: we will be staying in separate rooms

Then it is perfectly OK... as long as you don't get caught :D

If you're out in the ocean and can't drive home when you want you're stuck on the boat. Port or no port, if they say they are leaving at 2:00 you best be back on the boat or you will be staying at that port, to me that means I'm stuck on the boat. I am at the mercy of the cruise line for 3 weeks to me that means I'm stuck on the boat and its not happening. I know a few people that love cruises and go all the time it's great that they do but I'm just not one that wants to be put at the mercy of others, I want to control my own destiny when I travel.

Now Vegas with the girl friend for a couple days in the Roush that could be happening, especially if she's paying.

Now all I need is the girl friend, oh and the Roush.

I'm at 6 ultralights or so a day. (I could lie, but f it.)

I should post pics of the X-ray with the big tantalum pin in the bone, huh?

I'm considering getting rid of the 21 year old and picking up this 19 year old at school...

Bill,

Let me get this straight: You're complaining about a three-week cruise on a ship where you don't have to work, can drink, gamble, and party all you want, and lay around a pool the rest of the time, and will have tons of port calls at fun, beautiful locations?:huh: Oh, and you get to do all of this with your wife?

Compare that to a six-[b[month[/b] cruise with 18-20 hour work days, upwards of 45 days straight at sea, sleeping in a 6x2.5 foot metal coffin rack in a berthing compartment with 200 other smelly guys, eating slop food, away from your family. Oh, and I forgot to mention that your berthing is located right under the spot on the flight deck where birds land, all the way up 'til midnight. So every time a plane touches down, it feels and sounds like the whole compartment is crashing down on you.

Your three-week cruise sounds like heaven to an old Sailor like me!:D

I keep telling my wife that I want to go on a cruise some day. After 20 years in the Navy, I'd like to just once go to sea on a ship where I don't have to work, and can drink and party all I want.:banana:

Take the cruise! Your rain gauges will be fine for three weeks, and you can dust off the Roush and clay-bar and re-wax it when you get back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill,

Your wife sounds like a very smart woman. :D:D:D

I suggest that you start listening to her, she obviously knows a nut when she sees one. :D:D

...Rich

Didn't know that, Bill. I thought you were an Army medic. Now I understand your disdain for ships, but try not to compare your experience on the hospital ship to a cruise ship. The cruise ship would be night and day compared to the hospital ship!

Be honest: Is it really that you just don't want to be couped up with your wife for three weeks straight?:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bill....I was a corpsman too but from 67 to 71.

Shore duty for 2 years then the USS Lexington CVT-16 until discharge.

I would go on a cruise in a heart beat but haven't had any time off since 1994. :(