My wife thinks I am a nutcase

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Barber

Reaction score
I could be, what do you think? we had a big conflab tonight about my idiosyncarsys(SP)

Am a weather fanatic, I have 3 rain gauges, all wireless remote units.

She asks, why do you need 3 rain gauges, Will I need to know and average the rainfall at the front, back and side of the house (seems reasonable to me)

Your Semi -retired, why do you get up at 4:30 every morning, I go to bed at Nine, i read till 10, I get up at 4:30, have done that all my life, I hate to sleep, is a total waste of time.

Why do you wax your car twice a week (because I can) when I stop waxing the car i will be in a box containing ashes on the mantle.

have been married 30 yrs, she wants to take a cruise like for 3 weeks:eek:

Not gonna happen, car would get dust on it, nobody to watch my rain gauges.

Am just a normal type guy:banana:

no.. your nuts. You can't change the weather, doesn't matter if it rains or not. Turning down a cruise to wax your car = ocd.

None of my business but ........my wife and I will be married 30 years this year and she deserves a break if she wants it for putting up with my crap and the kids issues for this long. If she wanted to go, I'd oblige her! Your car(s) won't care if it gets dust on it and like the above post says...put a cover on it! When we're long gone...the good wives will grieve and miss our sorry behinds but the cars....they won't care who owns them.

Unless you've got a massive yard, what does it matter if it rain's a quarter more inch in the front yard over the back. You can get a 3 week average for all 3 gauges when you get back!

Sounds like you've got a great wife/partner. You might enjoy the cruise thing once you tried it. You could check the breeze at the front of the ship compared to the back of the ship(I'm no sailor..LOL).

Take Care,

'07 ST:)

You're not nuts because of all your idiosyncrasies, but you are if you don't go on the cruise! Go on the cruise!

I agree with an earlier post: she "deserves a break if she wants it for putting up with (all your) crap".

No. 1 priority: Make your wife happy!

:D

She asks, why do you need 3 rain gauges, Will I need to know and average the rainfall at the front, back and side of the house (seems reasonable to me)

She may have a point... Enjoy the Cruise !!!

Nuts. Hook the wireless up to your computer and you can log on and check at sea. Put the trac in the garage. Go on the cruise. Unless you have a dog then all bets are off.

Look at it this way; If you take a cruise the car will be in the garage away from rain, sun, etc. and the wax will hold up fine for a couple weeks since it's indoors.

I used to be that way but I simply don't have time any more.

(JohnnyO moves in for the kill :wacko: )

I once had a car that I waxed so much that after a few years I wore the paint through to the primer on the corners and edges of the body. Literally. That was back in the 80's when cars had sharp edges on the body. Not to like, make you paranoid over the conflict there or anything. :D

You can hook up the gauges to a computer and monitor those on the cruise. For the cars, take a HUGE vacuform machine and you can vacuum-pack them as if they are vegetables or steak.

+1 on YOU'RE NUTS.

But then again, most of us could have told you that if you're post had ended with, "I could be, what do you think?" The rest of your post was just a little more gasoline on the already-roaring bonfire of evidence... :lol::banana:

I used to do that, Bill. But then I discovered NITROGEN!

Take the cruise, bud. You'll enjoy it more than you can imagine.

And think about all the stories you can tell and the pictures you can post.

Better yet: NO K-Marts!! :lol:

Latest posts