nanny nanny boo boo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axel Deneselya

Reaction score
upgraded my amp and added a sub.

it is a 6 channel JL audio,

the sub is a Rockford Fosgate shallow mount 10 inch, in a box that I ordered from a local stereo store. it fits underneath the rear seat. now I just need to devise a way of making it theftproof. I think I will put some sort of bar across the front and lock it with a pad lock.

if you cannot remove the sub, the amp is difficult to get at so hopefully this will prevent theft.

the rear speakers which I blew out 2 months ago are finally comming back from repair so this weekend the stereo should be finished finally, now all I am waiting on is the alpine gps.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice...was that box custom made? I'd like to get my hands on one. I have the C.Wells box but it fires into the floor causing the sub to hit the floor and it sounds like crap. Looks like it fires up?

I bought it from a local Car Stereo shop, they just asked what kind of car I had, and they had a poster with boxes and what cars they fit.

the company that made the box is called audio enhancer they do not have mine pictured here. they have another model for older tracs.

http://www.audioenhancers.com/catalog_ford.html#EST

it is downward fireing. I don't think it hits the floor, I am keeping the volume low for the first 24hrs to break in my sub. I think there is room to raise it up an inch or so to give it more clearance. the price was 125 delivered the next day. a little expensive, but I havent found anything that fit so well and was designed for the sport trac.

MTX also makes a really nice box, but they only sell it with the sub, the nice thing about theirs is it actually gets bolted to the floor with one of the seat bolts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, Looks good !!!

How does it sound ???

Todd Z

I have only my 2 front speakers right now, I should get the rears back tommorrow. the amp made a big difference, compared to the alpine amp.

I need to break in the sub for 24hrs before I can crank it, 20 hrs to go. but at low volume it sounds pretty good so far, I need to add a 3rd set of RCA cables so I will be able to control the sub directly from the head unit.

I set the gains today using a test disc and a voltmeter, it is a fairly detailed proceedure, JL audio has a nice tutorial on their website, I had been using the method crutchfield advises, which is to set the volume at 3 quarter, and bump the gains up until it distorts, then back off.

The method I found involves measuring the voltage comming out the amp and adjusting it up to a target voltage, then you adjust the loudest channel down from there to level out the system. it makes sense. now that I have everything at the target voltage, I can hear the bass is a little too strong, but I plan to leave the setting until I have the RCAs connected so I can make the changes from the head unit, this will make it easier to experiment.

so far though it sounds great.