National dealers warranty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Trax

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if you guys have bought extended service warranty from this company, national dealers warranty? My ESP has ran out, so I am concerned that the sport trac may need further protection down the road. Can anyone comment on this company, they quoted me $2K for 100000mi warranty/5yrs, for engine/waterpump/transmission. Thanks.

Here's my post from the Explorer Forum on National Dealers Warranty's sister company. In short: STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

---

READ ALL OF THIS. THIS COMPANY IS BAD NEWS.

---

Re: The Testimonial Area of their Web Site

I searched on Switchboard, which ordinarily is accurate.

WE DID NOT FIND ANY DIRECTORY RESULTS FOR JON KEGSWORTH IN LAKE CITY, IOWA.

WE DID NOT FIND ANY DIRECTORY RESULTS FOR TERESA DORENKAMP IN OCALA, FLORIDA.

WE DID NOT FIND ANY DIRECTORY RESULTS FOR MONICA CRAMER IN OSAGE, WEST VIRGINIA.

---

From a Google search:

Be very wary of solicitations for aftermarket warranties from several outfits out of Missouri doing business as “National Dealer Warranties� and “United Warranty Wholesalers�! They have a BBB rating that is in the toilet. I think that there might even be third company that is “in bed with the other 2� that I listed above; I just don’t have their name right now.

These companies use scare tactics telling you that your new car warranty is expired or that it is about to expire. They MIGHT be correct about that, which lends some credence to what they say, but that is for the most part, where the truth stops!

If you are interested in a car warranty and you get a notice from any of these jokers, just go to Google and do a search on them and add “BBB� after them in the search box and then make up your own mind as to whether or not you want to give them your $$$!! I almost did, Thanks Google, you saved my butt

---

And, I'd never buy from a company whose web site is not grammatically correct. Why? Because you'll never see a reputable organization with substandard English skills.

You cannot cancel your policy or get taken off the mailing list through the website, you must call 1-800-710-1404 to do so.

---

From the BBB:

For Immediate Release

Scott Thomas [email protected]

Phone: 314-645-3300

St. Louis, Mo., April 2, 2007 - The Better Business Bureau (BBB) urges consumers to use extreme caution when dealing with independent companies offering extended automobile warranties.

The BBB has received more than 1,000 complaints, and 33,900 inquiries regarding such companies during the past 36 months. Consumers allege that some of the companies, which solicit nationally, send misleading advertising by mail implying that a person's automobile warranty has expired or is about to expire.

One such company is Dealer Services, 100 Mall Parkway, Wentzville, Mo. The BBB has received more than 241 complaints and reports regarding the company during the past 36 months. Due to one or more unresolved complaints, the company has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB.

The BBB recently contacted Dealer Services regarding the number and pattern of complaints from consumers. A company representative stated that the firm had taken several measures during 2006 to improve service, including hiring an individual for complaint handling. The BBB responded to the company that complaints received since January 1, 2007, have more than doubled those received during first quarter 2006.

Complainants allege that the firm failed to provide refunds, provided poor customer service, failed or refused to cancel policies, used misleading advertising or sales tactics, or failed to honor the terms of the warranty.

Missouri's secretary of state Web site identifies National Auto Warranty Services, Inc., as the owner of Dealer Services. Darain Atkinson is the president of National Auto Warranty Services, Inc., according to the secretary of state's Web site.

Another company brought to the BBB's attention due to the number of complaints and inquiries is National Dealers Warranty, which has used the addresses of 3342 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., and 339 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., both in St. Peters, Mo. National Dealers Warranty also does business as National Dealer Warranties. The BBB has received more than 95 complaints and reports regarding this firm in the past 36 months. This company has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB due to unresolved complaints and failure to substantiate or modify advertising claims.

Complainants allege National Dealers Warranty provided poor customer service, used high pressure sales tactics, failed to provide refunds, failed or refused to cancel policies, misrepresented coverage or used misleading advertising.

Missouri's secretary of state Web site identifies Rudge Gilman as the president of National Dealers Warranty.

The company has not responded to a letter from the BBB asking it to address the number and pattern of complaints.

Missouri State Sen. John Loudon (R-St. Louis County) has introduced legislation that would prohibit persons from selling vehicle protection products in Missouri unless certain conditions are met. Under terms of the bill, a warrantor must register with the Department of Insurance annually, acquire a warranty reimbursement policy or maintain net worth or stockholder's equity of $50,000,000, and have its accounts, books and records available to the Department of Insurance for examination. The bill, approved by the Senate, is pending in the House of Representatives.

Before purchasing an extended auto warranty, the BBB suggests consumers ask the following questions:

* Who backs the service contract? It may be the manufacturer, dealer or an independent company.

* What's the cost of the contract? In addition to the premium, you may need to pay a deductible each time your car is serviced or repaired.

* What is covered and excluded? Watch for absolute exclusions that deny coverage for any reason.

* How are claims handled? Find out if you will need prior authorization from the contract provider for repair work and if you are restricted to where you take your vehicle for service.

* What are your responsibilities? The contract may require you to follow all manufacturers' recommendations for routine maintenance.

* Does the contract prevent you from taking the car to an independent station for routine maintenance or doing the work yourself?

* What is the length of the contract? Is the warranty transferable if you sell the car?[/quote]

Note that United Warranty Wholesalers' BBB report opened only in March 2007--an easy way for a company who received many complaints under a former name, registered with the BBB, to take on a new identity, not under the BBB's umbrella.

---

From the domain registration information for United Warranty Wholesaler:

Registrant: Make this info private

National Dealers Warranty

339 Mid Rivers Mall Dr.

Saint Peters, MO 63376

US

Domain Name: UWARRANTYW.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :

National Dealers Warranty

[email protected]

339 Mid Rivers Mall Dr.

Saint Peters, MO 63376

US

Phone: 314-960-6832

Record expires on 25-Jan-2010

Record created on 25-Jan-2007

Database last updated on 25-Jan-2007

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

NS3.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.190.2

NS4.WORLDNIC.

Besides all that; I was offered an extended warranty from the local Ford dealer for $1200 for coverage up to 75,000 miles (I now have 31,000) and 12 months to pay with no interest.

We bought coverage for our Audi through AAA. They Use Mercury Insurance. According to Mercury's website, they have been selling mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI) since 1975. I've satisfactorily used the service a couple of times for about $1000 worth of repair work.

Latest posts